Author Topic: NEF Shotgun ID?  (Read 428 times)

Offline buzzboy618ar

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Shotgun ID?
« on: February 07, 2005, 02:22:29 PM »
I was looking around a local gun store and found an NEF Shotgun... it's a 20ga single shot (break action), 22 inch barrel, with a fixed full choke.  It also has a camo stock and forgrip.  I've searched NEF/HR's web sight, and as far as i can see, the only camo stock shotguns they have are 10 and 12 ga.  Anyone know what this camo 20ga is exactly?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
NEF Shotgun ID?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 04:16:54 PM »
It's probably an old youth turkey model. Is the whole thing camo or just the stock?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline buzzboy618ar

NEF Shotgun ID?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 07:15:02 PM »
Looks just like the ones here:
http://www.hr1871.com/firearms/index.php?cat=3&subcat=2
except it's 20ga, not 10 or 12

EDIT: Well, after doing a little more searching, i found it on Walmart's websight

"New England Pardner Turkey SB1-F25 3" 20/22 Youth Mossy Oak "

I guess you really can find anything at Walmart

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
NEF shotgun ID
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 11:35:04 PM »
I just ran into the same type of situation with a 12ga Combo I found at Gander Mountain.  I called NEF and was told it was a "Special Request" from a distributor.  When in doubt, give 'em a call they are nice people and their operators are real knowledgable.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
NEF Shotgun ID?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 01:02:25 AM »
It depends who you get when you call there. The last couple times I've called I got a woman who souded pissed that she had to answer the phone and hung up one time before my order was complete. My wife must have called beforehand and told her to only let me order one thing :evil:
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
NEF Shotgun ID?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 05:00:36 AM »
Markus,

I ALWAYS get that woman! :roll:  I wish I knew how to get ahold of her supervisor, she is always very short and even rude at times. If she can't stand the heat, get out. Then again, we don't know everything that goes on at Marlin/H&R/NEF, maybe she has a reason to be pi$$ed.

From now on If I get her, I am going to ask for a different Customer Service Rep, she or they will eventually get the message if we all do the same.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
NEF Shotgun ID?
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 05:51:41 AM »
I would think if someone here felt strongly enough about it they could forward this page of comments about the "unhappy" CS person to H&R and ask for a response. It could be addressed to the corporate offices or to Public Relations Dept....<><.... :wink:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
NEF Shotgun ID?
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 09:44:24 AM »
I have spoken to Jennifer on several occasions as well.  She has helped me but I will have to agree that her personal skills are not up to par.  All of the gentlemen that I have spoken to are very friendly and knowledgeable.  Maybe its tough being the only female in the department!?   :)
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"