Author Topic: Nikon or Leupold  (Read 611 times)

Offline BackCountry

• Trade Count: (1)
Nikon or Leupold
« on: February 13, 2005, 09:18:30 AM »
I am looking at getting a new scope, I was thinking either the nikon monarch gold 1.75-6 or the leupold VX-III 1.75-6. I would appreciate any input on these scopes, especially on quality and clarity. Thank you.

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Nikon or Leupold
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:09:51 AM »
Quote from: BackCountry
I am looking at getting a new scope, I was thinking either the nikon monarch gold 1.75-6 or the leupold VX-III 1.75-6. I would appreciate any input on these scopes, especially on quality and clarity. Thank you.
........I love my three Nikon cameras and bag of great lens....$...BUT for scopes I would go with the Leupold....they are good on handling the heavy recoil and have good eye relief and the customer support is fantastic....IF you ever need it........a friend/gun shop owner of many years still reccomends the Leupold over the Nikon to people who ask....FOR NOW......pressure from other good scopes has make Leupold upgrade their lineup.......the VXIII or Vari X III in the Leupold are hard to beat.....ime/o.......currently at 14 Leupolds and holding?......good luck and good shooting!!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Nikon or Leupold
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 11:41:43 AM »
I second bigdaddytacp post.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA