Author Topic: Got it! New (to me) 12 Gauge Ultra Slug...  (Read 385 times)

Offline BoneDigger

• Trade Count: (0)
Got it! New (to me) 12 Gauge Ultra Slug...
« on: February 11, 2005, 05:07:04 AM »
I went and picked up the ultra slug yesterday.  It is used but in good shape.  I am impressed with the Mueller scope (Multi-Shot), it is VERY clear and the red dot should be nice for low loight conditions.

The gentleman I purchased this from had added a pound of weight to the stock, I guess for balance.  Either way, this is one HEAVY gun.  I can't image the kick will be too bad with a gun this heavy!!!  But, carrying it in the field may be a workout.  The trigger pull felt really good and I suspect he had it worked on.  The guy I bought it from is one of the co-owners of the shotgunworld website, so he knows a lot about shotguns.

Anyway, just though I'd let you know.  I've now gone from a gunsafe with no H&R/NEF guns to having an Ultra Slug AND a Handi_Rifle (7mm-08).  I guess I'm now a convert to the H&R/NEF lifestyle!!!!!!  Now if I can just see one of those new Excel autos, I might have THREE H&R guns.

Todd in TX

Offline Ambushhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Got it! New (to me) 12 Gauge Ultra Slug...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 05:20:20 AM »
Congrats BD.....I've use the ultra .12 ga in my tree stand.  Wouldn't want to lug it around all day, especially with the extra pound added to it!!  Lots of luck with it, Ambush
NJCSD, ANJRPC, NRA
http://www.njcsd.org/