Author Topic: Guns you don't regret selling/trading  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Guns you don't regret selling/trading
« on: February 08, 2005, 07:26:42 AM »
A Ruger Single Six and a Ruger 10/22.
Safety first

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 09:13:35 AM »
I don't regret selling or trading any of them. I always get something different.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Steve 48

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 09:44:36 AM »
Helwan Brigadier 9mm. Worst trigger in the world. Steve 48

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 11:41:12 AM »
Ruger P95 9mm ... I absolutely couldn't hit a barn with it. I had several other guys tell me the same so I traded it in on a Ruger Bisley Vaquero in .45 colt. Boy ... now that was a good move as I have been hooked on the .45 colt caliber revolvers and lever action rifles ever since.
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline AkRvrrat

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 12:05:16 PM »
Yep! I've traded for better or sold for better and all them guns/rifles were not bad at all. Do recall having bought a Remington Nylon 66 from a Pawn shop mind you - 50 bucks! Could not not tell difference from a over the counter one and that one.Warrantee sticker was still on the plastic butt! I knew them to be pretty darn accurate. Well to make a long story short the darn thing jammed constantly. Tore it apart - wow! alot of parts. Got it back together and loaded it up and let er rip. Jammed again! So I tore it apart again! Everything was cleaned and appeared to be alright so I put it back together. Jammed again! Headed out on the trap line one day and took that gun with me. On the way home I stopped my snowmachine on the trail and dug out that rifle out of its case and threw that #### thing as far as I could. Would not sell it or even give it away as a gift! Bum rifle!

Offline unspellable

• A Real Regular
duds
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 01:30:20 PM »
I had an AMT Backup in 380.  It was a jammomatic.  Three different magazines, five or six different factory loads, nothing worked.  All the time I had it it never went through two magazines full at a time without a jam.  Rarely would it make it through one magazine without a jam.  Every type of jam you ever heard of and some you haven't.  It even went so far as to toss the next loaded cartridge out on the ground in front of me and then stove pipe on the just fired case.  Explain that one!

Offline redd7

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 02:18:36 PM »
ruger single six, 45 colt officers model

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 03:27:11 PM »
Smith & Wesson SW9M, 9 mm. Kel-tec wannabe. Had to be the worst S&W has ever done. Every kind of malfunction you can think of. I think they stayed in production 2 years or so.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline kjeff50cal

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 03:33:11 PM »
Where to begin...... Buffalo Arms .357 Mag Derringer :shock: (accurate @ 12"), Charter Arms .22 Mag Revolver (4" barrel), Ruger small frame Bisley .22 lr (too heavy for the round), & a Colt Combat Commander that shot 12" groups at 25 yards with all brands of ammo.
Ignorance leads us into the darkness, Knowlege leads us out.

Offline LMM

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 11:24:55 PM »
All of them...
LMM

"If you can blame guns for killing people, then I can blame my pencil for misspelled words."
--Larry the Cable Guy

Offline Rmouleart

• Contributor
  • Aim small hit small.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 03:49:02 AM »
I don't regret selling my Colt king Cobra 357, dame thing had a inherited timing problem, when using double action sometimes not all the time, would lock up like it froze, no gunsmith wanted to have anything to do with it;) Traded it at Kittery Trading post for a SRH 44 mag, told them about the timing problem, they still gave me $370.00 and they said that the gun was immaculate,I replied, thats right all my guns are like that, The gunsmith said they never get used guns in such good shape, I replied I always clean my guns after use, keep them so you could eat off them;) Kittery always give me top dollar for any gun I trade. I was taught many years ago bye my father, to keep your guns in tip top shape, and you will never have to worry about a failure happing when it counts. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

Offline Shaylex

• Trade Count: (2)
I don't regret selling my...
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 08:28:01 AM »
Egyptian Hakim 8x57 semi-auto. Bought it for $40 about 1988 or so. Sold it 2 years ago for $275. Used that to buy a used 44mag SRH with a 2 power Leupold scope. Get far more enjoyment outta that Ruger than I ever did from the Hakim. Wish I'd bought about 10 of those Hakims when they could be had for cheap. Oh well, who knew?

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 11:03:20 AM »
Two times, same tye of gun.  I've owned two remington model 742BDLs.  Both were trash, wouldn't even make good fence post.  I traded one (and a bunch of cash) for a Sako Forester 270.  I traded the other one and a few dollars cash for a High Standard Supermatic Tournament Military.  I still have them.

I picked up a nice looking sporterized 98 mauser at a garage sell over the week-end, this morning my 'smith told me I should look for a new home for it, so it will be going out on a trade soon............ :roll:

Offline Shooter973

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 12:41:17 PM »
I had a LLama 22 handgun that looked like a 1911, I bought it took it out the next day and fired it and in went full Auto on the second or third clip. It had peened the firing pin and it emptied the clip in a hurry. I TOOK IT BACK TO THE SHOP THAT SAME DAY. Never missed it.  :?

Offline Robert

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 01:37:09 PM »
6.5 Carcano...the chamber was so bad, I had to pound the shells out with a cleaning rod.  A guy bought it at my yard sale and never came back.  He was either very pleased with it as a wall hanger or it killed him.  Also...the 30 Remington that I shot off my pinky with....sold at a freinds yard sale when I had gone to lunch....It was supposed to go with the dies, brass and loaded ammo....but my freind forgot to mention it to him....I still have the dies and ammo...

I just have one question... Did you guys sell those junkers on the GBO Classifieds?  Ha Ha.
....make it count

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 06:02:59 PM »
:cb2: There have been a few stinkers over the years . . .

• First was a .40 EAA Witness. Bought it used, and found out very quickly why the original owner sold it. You couldn't shoot a whole magazine without the magazine disconnecting. It wouldn't fully eject, but would disconnect enough for it to not fire. Also, at the close target--7.5 yards--it shot 6 inches high and to the left. That means, of course, at 25 yards you were not anywhere near the paper. Took a beating on the trade in, but I got a 2.5" S&W 19.

• Marlin Cowboy II in .44 mag. Another used gun. First it wouldn't feed. Then when that was fixed, it patterned like a shotgun. My dealer took it back on trade. Got a Ruger .357/9mm Convertible.

• Taurus .45 Millennium. This time it was new. At leat once per magazine it would not fire when you squeezed the trigger all the way to the rear. Then, when you let off the trigger, BANG. Sent it back to Taurus, and they fixed it, but I never trusted it. Finally found someone who wanted it anyway. Needless to say, he got a great deal!

• Ruger Mk. II. Jam-O-Matic. Traded it for a .22 revolver.

The Witness, I was young and stupid. Never again. The Marlin, they have trouble with .44s occasionally. Later got a .357 CB and it's fantastic. Taurus, never again. The Ruger . . . maybe it was just a bum gun.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 02:30:23 PM »
The gun I hate the most I still have. When I find some shooter I really dislike I will try to unload this gun on that person.  Its like you have to buy your brother-son- in law, whatever a gift. Buy them a router, right on the bits for that tool will add up big time, break their ///. The featured gun is a Ruger Mk 1, what ever model. It is evil, to put this back to gether is a time out period. However its accurate. So make a disposable gun.
My rant Ruger 22  auto pistols suck, and they have made very little changes.
Jim

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »
ruger 9mm hated that ugly inaccurte thing. tarus .38 model 85 that wouldnt hit the broad side of a barn door.
blue lives matter

Offline palgeno

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
don't regret
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 01:41:14 AM »
Taurus m94 .22lr revolver----piece of junk----sent back to Miami for fixes---still a piece of junk--- don't know why I bought it since I already had a S&W 617----,must have had a stupid attack that day, I guess. :eek: pg
"Do what you can,with what you have, where you are."  Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tom W.

• Moderators
  • Warning... Does not play well with others!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2005, 04:38:44 PM »
I bought a Winchester .44 mag rifle at a pawn shop many years ago, It had trouble feeding, and I never got the chance to shoot it before I traded it off for a stevens 20 ga. single shot for my then 7 year old son.

I also just got rid of a S&W mod. 22A tha I just wasn't comfortable with. Traded it for a Ruger 22/45

And lest I forget, The Weatherby Light weight synthetic MK.V that wouldn't fire half the time, even after sending it back to the factory. Traded it for a Ruger #1B in 30-06 :grin:
Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns!

Offline HappyHunter

• Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
.357 Desert Eagle
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 07:42:13 AM »
Bought it used to play with and kept it for 6 months.  

Sold it for what I had into it.  No regrets

The gun was too large to get a competent grip (at least for me).  It was a novelty, but selling it  financed a MINT S&W 25-2.  

Fred
Ineedannudernewgun.
NRA Lifetime Member.

Offline v-man

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
good riddance
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 02:05:13 AM »
Taurus Millenium .40 S&W - perfect carry size and weight but the most unreasonable trigger I've ever seen. Sometimes I would have the trigger pulled all the way back for a second or 2 before it would fire.

Savage 24F 30-30 over 12ga - best rifle groups were about 5 inches and the 2 barrells were not pointing in the same direction. If sight or scope were zeroed for the rifle the shotgun was a foot low at 25 yds. If sighted for the shotgun the rifle was nearly 2 feet high at 100yds. Great idea but poorly executed.

Good riddance to both of them.

Offline ga41

• http://stevehaygood.com
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2005, 04:58:04 PM »
45 AMT Hardballer....inaccurate piece of garbage

40 EAA Witness, just decided that I wanted a 45 and bought a Kimber :)

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2005, 05:39:13 PM »
:cb2: v-man;
     I'm not glad you had trouble with your Millennium, however, I am glad I wasn't the only one with that trigger problem. I hadn't heard anyone until now describe a problem similar to mine. It may have been the same thing. Pull the trigger, nothing happens until you let off. Scary. Sure was glad to get rid of that piece of junk.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Jamie45

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2005, 10:00:50 PM »
Taurus 415T (titanium .41 mag snubbie).  That little lightweight sucker had a kick that was flat vicious. I replaced it with a steel Tracker model.  Sweet… the extra 12 oz made all the difference win the world.
I have one weapon and lots of toys.
If life turns really ugly, the one closest to hand is a weapon.
All the rest are toys.

Offline v-man

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Taurus Titanium
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2005, 10:58:55 AM »
Jaime45- I can't speak for the 41mag but I had the Titanium 45 LC snubby. Due to the short barrel I could never get enough velocity out of any loads to achieve more than 380ft/lbs of energy. I desire 400+ in a carry gun.The excessive recoil and the occasional cylinder binding with only limited power made it a very undesireable weapon.
I did buy a snubby Titanium .357 and in defense of Taurus I will admit it performs well and generates much more energy without objectionable recoil. However the cylinder face can not handle the flash of heavy loads with out melting. Honest. I have some pictures but don't know how to include them in my post. Taurus doesn't believe me but will not give me an E-amil address to send the pictures to as proof.[/img]