Author Topic: Recoil Pad Suggestions  (Read 499 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Recoil Pad Suggestions
« on: February 10, 2005, 10:57:06 PM »
I kind of lean toward the shorter barreled guns.  The combo I just bought was a really good deal.   It came with 2 24in barrels.  I am considering the TDC in 20ga for my next purchase, however, after that happens I will be re-configuring the 24in mod. barrel that came with my 12ga combo into a 22in cyl. bore that I will use for both HD and a Camp gun.  For sure I am gonna need a really good recoil pad for that stock.  It be the same stock I will use on my Tracker II 12ga barrel.   HELP !  I have heard a lot about the LimbSaver.  Are these better than the ones that HR/NEF uses?  Price is an issue, also.  I may be able to find one in the Parts Room at Ahlmans, a larger local gun shop here in Minnesota.  I guess I would just like some personal reviews from all you guys who have different types and why you like them.  
If I find the LOP on the 12ga youth model is OK for me, can I fire slugs through the MOD. Choke barrel and have any accuracy say out to 50 yards or so?  I have already planned on filling the screw hole with #6 shot.  That will be especially helpful for balance too, I think.  Thanks.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Recoil Pad Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:20:19 AM »
All I can say about the Limbsaver pad is that it is awesome.  Better than the NEF pad?  I would say there is no comparison.  I had my doubts but I bit the bullet and bought one for my deer rifle.  The difference in felt recoil is nothing short of amazing.  I will be getting another one to put on my 12ga and I expect the same results.  IMO don't settle for anything less.  They are $30 or so at most stores and worth every penny of it!
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Recoil Pad Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 03:15:10 AM »
Like TH said, No comparison between the NEF and the Limbsaver...you get what you pay for in the limbsaver... MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Recoil Pad Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 01:30:13 PM »
I bought the limbsaver and love it! In fact I just bought another (slip on) limbsaver so I can move it from one gun to another. For your 2nd question. I have the youth model 20ga w/mod and it is certainly accurate enough for deer at 50 yds. The 12 ga. should be also.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Recoil pads
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 01:44:46 PM »
Thanks Guys.  I really appreciate your input.  I was leaning toward the Limbsaver and you have helped me make up my mind.    I think I read on their web site that they have a grindable pad.  I will have to check it out.  Thanks again.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"