Author Topic: FLASHLIGHTS  (Read 575 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
FLASHLIGHTS
« on: February 13, 2005, 01:14:23 AM »
OK, I am probably in the wrong forum but I have seen you boys espouse lights as a must have part of the arsenal.
I have been looking at the surefire web site, HOWEVER; I would take suggestions on other products as well.
What type of light would suggest as a good all-around light for the truck? Make, model and reasoning are appreciated.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline rockbilly

FLASHLIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 07:55:14 AM »
:roll: It's hard to beat the five D cell Mag Light.  It provides a good beam and if you run out of bullets, it makes a good club.  The mag light has replaced the billy club and black jack for a lot of LEOs, and also for bouncers in Texas honky tonks.

As a young man running a bar in Bossier City, La, I carried a 1911 .45 and a old 4 cell flash light.  To replace the battries, I'd remove both ends and take a broom handle to push the batteries out.  It bounced off a lot of "bad guys" heads and was so good in helping maintain peace that I only had to pull the .45 twice over a five year period.  Once was to face down five collage football players from a nearby town, the other time was to stop an armed man at the front door hellbent to come in and kill his ex-wife who was there with another man.

Offline williamlayton

FLASHLIGHTS
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 12:10:37 AM »
Well think I will get the Surefire EZE Executive 2.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Malamute

FLASHLIGHTS
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 05:48:39 PM »
The E2E is an excellent light, I have one and like it very much. I use the 25 lumen lamp from the E2E Outdoorsman to double the battery life. I keep a G2 nitrolon also (yellow to find it easy in the dark) in the truck. If I were to do it all over again, I'd get an E2E Outdoorsman model. It is identical to the Executive elite, except it has a longer clip, and uses a 25 lumen lamp, or can use the 50 or 60 lumen lamp of the exec model. You can't really go wrong either way.

I'd suggest getting 2 boxes of batteries ($15/12 batts) when you order the light. The shipping is the same for 1 item or several. I always order a couple boxes of batteries at a time to save shipping, and/or get a box or two if I order something else from sure-fire. A spare lamp is good to have, I've burned out 2 in the last year or so, tho they don't seem to break when dropped like other lights tend to do sometimes.

I like the spares carrier for the E2E's also. They carry 4 extra batteries and a spare lamp.

The Sure-Fire lights are far better than the Mag lights I used to use. The LEO friends I have do not use heavy lights, they use Sure-Fires. They say they can literally blind someone with them, and they are much easier to carry. Mag lites are wal-mart grade lights after the new generation of lights came out. The new lights have much better quality beams, with no dark or uneven spots in them. My mag lights sit and gather dust since I got my Sure-Fires.

Offline strider72

• Avid Poster
FLASHLIGHTS
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 03:32:02 PM »
I am a big fan of the LED lights myself. Carry two on me most of the time. Have one about the size of a Mini-maglite beside my bed. Have a lot better battery life than the others...IMHO.