Author Topic: Choke tube questions  (Read 631 times)

Offline Mamba_Driver

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://home.comcast.net/~ronweiser/
Choke tube questions
« on: February 16, 2005, 04:39:49 AM »
I have a Topper Deluxe Classic 12ga. and wanted to get an additional choke tube.  I ran across some Weatherby choke tubes on sale at a local shop.  

The counter guy said that this choke tube also fits Browning, Charles Daly, Winchester, U.S. Repeating Arms, H&R, Stoeger, Miroku, Ithaca (new style), SKB, Ruger, S&W and Mossberg shotguns.  This tube is a flush-with-the-barrel style and polished stainless steel.  

It looks very similar to the one that's in the barrel now but I don't have a wrench yet to get the darn thing out to do a side-by-side comparrison.

Anyone have any knowledge about these tubes?  Thanks. :D

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Choke tube questions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 05:08:02 AM »
Mamba-Driver, if they are on a par with other Weatherby quailty they should be great. If they fit the the Winchester (Win-Choke system) it will fit the TDC and all other H&R's. I was just reading the info that came with the gun. the choke tube is made so you can use a quarter to install and remove it. Keep the threads clean and lubed and do not tighten it to much when you install it, finger tight is fine. The tube in the barel comes from the factory pre-lubed with choke tube lube.. Try a quarter and if the tubes you saw are for a good price I say snap them up. If they come in a package and you don't want all of them (I say keep them all) you could sell the ones you don't want to others here....<><....
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Mamba_Driver

Choke tube questions
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 05:18:35 AM »
Thanks MSP.  Will do. :D

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Choke tube questions
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 05:37:25 AM »
MD,

The counter guy forgot a couple, like Savage and H&R. :lol:  On the Browning, it will fit the Browning Invector but not the Invector Plus.

One thing he was wrong about though is the Charles Daly, they use Rem-Choke.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Mamba_Driver

Choke tube questions
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 05:57:57 AM »
Busta'yote,

So,.. you think the Weatherby tubes will fit the TDC?  Thanks.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Choke tube questions
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 07:00:24 AM »
Manba, you could bring your barrel in or buy the choke tubes and return them if they don't fit...NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, use any force when installing choke tubes, the threads are very fine and can be easily damaged. If you think you can judge the similiarity of the tubes take out the one in your TDC and bring it with you or have the salesman compare those he is selling with a Win-choke tube. It should be easy to tell the difference between styles, check where the threads start and stop and their size....The length of tubes varies so where the threads start and stop from the end which is furthest in the gun is the best bet....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
Choke tube questions
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 07:57:58 AM »
Mamba_Driver, I did some checking and the Weatherby choke tubes are the Win-Choke system so they should be a perfect fit for your TDC and all H&R's. Hope this helps....<><.... :grin:

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Choke tube questions
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 06:41:19 PM »
Quote from: Mamba_Driver
Busta'yote,

So,.. you think the Weatherby tubes will fit the TDC?  Thanks.

Yep!

MSP Ret gave you very good advise, have fun with your new tubes and your TDC. I want one of those as soon as the 20ga is available.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Mamba_Driver

Choke tube questions
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 08:10:09 PM »
Thank you MSP Ret and Busta'yote for all the help!   :D   I guess I'll buy a choke tube or two!!!  Cool!!!! :-D