Author Topic: nikko-stirling scope 10x50x60. need feedback  (Read 2678 times)

Offline martyrd

• Trade Count: (0)
nikko-stirling scope 10x50x60. need feedback
« on: May 13, 2004, 04:40:24 PM »
wanting to buy a 10x50x60mm rifle scope. would like to put it on a new .204 ruger. does any one have any feed back on these long range target scopes ? or a tasco 8 x40x56mm world class scope. thanks. marty

Offline Weatherby223

nikko-stirling scope 10x50x60. need feedbac
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 03:14:33 AM »
I don't know how much you all know about Nikko-Stirling scopes over in the USA but here in Australia we have had them in use for as long as i can remember. They are considered a VERY budget scope here along with Tasco so don't expect too much.. I know they have entered the USA recently with some new models but the same scopes were tested by our local Magazine and they were nothing to write home about.
Mick.. :D
Mick...
Happy Hunting :D

Offline Rickster 67

nikko stirling gold crown scope
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 02:03:22 PM »
I must say that you posting was in 2004, well here it is febuary 2005! I have to say that i have a nikko 3-9x42mm scope, and it is absolute trash! You truly pay for what you get. I bought this scope for 75:00 dollars, and it will probably only be useful on a bb gun,lol! Scope was mounted on a 30-06 and after 100 rounds, the scope dial caps fell off. Also when mounting scope to rife, the vertical adjustment was all the way out to get it on target.In order for the scope to work,I had to spend another 50:00 bucks on burris signature adjustable mounts(plastic shims) and a weaver steel base to properly make scope work correctly. Scope could only shoot a 3 inch group at 100 yards, how sad that is! With that said, stay away from nikko gold crowns! Im a new owner of a bushnell 4200 and what a difference it truly is. Remember, in most scope cases, you pay for what you get! Rick :x