Author Topic: What is the trigger pull on the NEF Pardner?  (Read 906 times)

Offline Juette

• Trade Count: (0)
What is the trigger pull on the NEF Pardner?
« on: February 15, 2005, 05:21:12 AM »
What is the trigger pull on the NEF Pardner?  Also, can the trigger pull weight be reduced?

Thanks,
Juette

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
What is the trigger pull on the NEF Pardner
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 05:36:02 AM »
:D, Welcome aboard Juette, I am sure you will get the answers you seek by coming here. The trigger pulls vary and you can send them back to the factory or do it yourself. Instructions are posted in the FAQ section...Others please feel free to jump in here and help Juette....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Juette

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 09:53:57 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, MSP.  I'm sure you will be seeing me post a lot on here.  I love NEF's guns; they are cheap enough to just order one and tinker with.

I just bought the NEF Mossy Oak 10 gauge Pardner with the extra full screw-in choke and now I have over $400 in it.  It is an obssession!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 04:26:06 PM »
Juette, Welcome! If you like these guns you'll love it here. What did you do to your gun that added up to $400.00? Nothing wrong with spending that much on one of these fine hunting tools I'm just curious what mods you made.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Juette

Mods to the NEF Mossy Oak 10 gauge
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 03:42:09 AM »
The gun cost me $215.  I could have got it for $190 at Wal-mart, but I wanted to support a local shop, The Outfitter, that provides me with great service.

I put a Gobblin Thunder Choke tube in it, which was $60.

I mounted a Bushnell Sportsman Realtree 1.5 X 4.5 scope on it. $67
Leopold quick detach rings and Weaver mounts $35

I had to get a gunsmith to drill me two new holes where I could mount my scope a little closer on the receiver.  I already had a scope bought and it only had 4.3 inches of eye relief.  $30

Sims Limbsaver recoil pad $25

If you put tax with all of that, I have around $462 in it.  If I get that mercury recoil reducer put on it, I'll have over $500 in it.  Yikes, somebody stop me; it is an obssession.  I'm also planning to get the forcing cone lengthened and polished.  My forcing cone is really rough.  I have a time cleaning it after a day at the range.  I don't even want to thinkg what I'd have in it if I got that Wenig thumbhole stock put on it.  :lol:

Juette

Offline JRSR126

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 01:07:24 PM »
Juette, not wanting to contribute to the NEF obsession but I understand it as I have spent more on accessories than the guns themselves particularly with the Huntsman. However, at the NTWF conference, I saw a NEF 10 gauge turkey gun with a bipod assembly. The gun was setting on the bipod about shoulder height (if you were sitting down) with the stock on the ground. Allowed the gun to be in a ready position for Turkey. Looked liked a cool piece of artillery.  Those sticks are very handy for a variety of shooting positions.  They were selling the sticks for $25 at the show including tax but I see they want over $40 by mail order.  I definitely wanted that gun when I saw that setup.

bipodshootingsticks.com 1-800-979-6878