Author Topic: VVC wildcats  (Read 1427 times)

Offline jamie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
VVC wildcats
« on: January 25, 2003, 03:35:06 AM »
I keep seeing VVC offer chamberings  that end in VVC (i.e.  7mmVVC)
When I first saw it I contacted Steve at VV and asked him about velocity.  At the time he said they had no definites yet, so does any one here have some info?
AMMO...
LiFe, Liberty and the Pursuit of all those that threaten it!

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
VVC wildcats
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 09:53:16 AM »
Not long after the boys first broke away from Bullberry and started the new shop, they asked me to do some of the testing on what they were going to dub the VVC proprietaries - in particular the 6 or 6.5VVC.   My take on it was that with all the 444 Marlin based wildcats out there, I didn't see any point to doing a 45-70 based one except so that they could have their name on it - reinventing the wheel that JD Jones chipped out about 3 decades ago.   I never took any barrels for testing, but do know they eventually did add the VVC's to their list of chamberings running from about 6mm to 375 (and half of these are probably over-bore in the old Gov't case - at least the 6/6.5 probably are).   Having "no definants yet" tells me they haven't completed the testing, or found somebody to do it for them - and until they do, I'd not acquire one -  then knowing the boys as I do, I'd start lower than advertised and work up slow.   Another idea would be just to get a 7mmJDJ from SSK - based on the 225 Win case that is probably available with about a 3-4 month shorter lead time.  IMHO-YMMV
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline jamie

• Contributor
VVC wildcats
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 07:51:35 AM »
Thanks for the info Ladobe.  I wasn't planning on purchasing, I was talking with Steve about a 7-08 bench gun and just threw it out because of curiosity.  Thanks again.
AMMO...

Offline onesonek

• A Real Regular
VVC?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 03:13:39 PM »
Ladobe, are all vvc designed on the 45-70 case? I'm just curious.  Because, on another situation, somebody suggested the 358VVC to me. But, I admit, I have no clue on the vvc line.  O. :D

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
VVC wildcats
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 06:05:10 PM »
onesonek -

As far as I know, they did base them all on the 45-70 Gov't, don't see why they would have changed midstream on any of them and maybe lost the whole purpose - to have their name on it.   The 358VVC might still not be completely tested...   Again, why wait 4-6 months when you can have a SSK 358JDJ in a couple of weeks.
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline jamie

• Contributor
VVC wildcats
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 05:41:57 PM »
Dave, as my post states, I did inquire with them and I got "I dunno" answers.
AMMO...