Author Topic: Nth Georgia Hunting?  (Read 635 times)

Offline Weatherby223

• Trade Count: (0)
Nth Georgia Hunting?
« on: February 07, 2005, 03:14:31 PM »
Well Nth Georgia, Sth Tennessee hunting.

Well as you can see i live in Australia but my Wife is from Georgia. She has lived down here with me now for 6 years and she wants me to consider moving back with her to GA. I have visited there a couple of times but never hunted there as i have no Drivers License(US) to obtain a Gun in the USA. My question is for anyone who would know the area or close by... I love Hunting here in Australia as i have no worries finding game. My favorite game is Fox but i cant recall seeing any in GA. What sort of hunting do these parts hold and is there something to shoot other than Raccoons and squirrels? (too cute to shoot) as you can see i know stuff all about hunting in the States and i cant handle the thought of moving to a place that is no good for my favorite past-time. :cry:
Mick...
Happy Hunting :D

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Nth Georgia Hunting?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 06:28:45 PM »
What's avaiable in that area?

How about: Whitetail deer, black bear,  turkey, squirrels, rabbits, hogs, quail, grouse, dove,  possum, raccoon, exotics on preserves - lots of different ones. I'm sure I'm leaving out something that someone will toss in.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Brac2005

Nth Georgia Hunting?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 12:46:41 PM »
I just moved to middle Georgia a few months ago.  Hunting here is very plentiful and available year round.  Besdies the 12 deer a year limit, wild hogs are not considered game animals and there is no limit and the season is open year round on private land.  Greybeard covered most of the animals available, to which I will add fox, bobcat and alligators.  If you get down this way, look me up.

Rob

Offline SAWgunner

• Contributor
    • http://www.ranger.org/
Nth Georgia Hunting?
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 12:58:35 PM »
That's the thing about us Southerners, we always want to go back.  I have been nagging my wife to move back home to GA or Louisiana for a while now.  You have excellent deer hunting in N. Georgia, squirrel, coyote, hog, gator lower down, upland birds and in a few years (hopefully)...ELK!!! (YEESSSS!!!! Doing my inzone dance).  Plus, as with any true southerner, Bass, crappie and other fishing.  You should have no problem staying in the outdoors.  

SAW
Nosce Hostem
"Birds of Prey" 743rd MI BN
Proud Freemason-Chugwater Lodge No. 23

Offline Weatherby223

Nth Georgia Hunting?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 12:18:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys! I am now starting to come to grips with the idea and you all have helped greatly. Seems like if i move to the US i could not have picked a better place, and using my Aussie charm i should be able to secure some good spots to shoot!  :-D  :)  :grin:  :wink:
Mick...
Happy Hunting :D