Author Topic: Shell carriers  (Read 602 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Shell carriers
« on: February 22, 2005, 12:18:19 AM »
Anyone know where you can get leather shell carriers for the stock?  You know, like in the old western movies.  Can't seem to find 'em and I always like the looks of 'em.  I know that's way more money than the elastic kind,  I just think they are cool.  Any and all comments welcome.
Thanks
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Woodbutcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Shell carriers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 01:33:30 AM »
Cookieman:
 Good question! I've got an elastic carrier on the 45/70 Handi, works fine, very convenient, wouldn't do without now. Leather would really be nice.
 Come to think of it I've never seen what you want either, and I'd like one too.
 Cabelas has leather cheek pads, but not with the shell carriers, 25 bucks.
 They also have leather cartridge carriers that fit on your belt, 12 bucks. Other than buy em both and sew em together, or visit Tandys and do it yourself, I don't know. If I knew where to go, I'd get...3.  
                                                                          Woodbutcher

Offline MtJerry

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Shell carriers
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 03:04:15 AM »
Check these out ... been thinking about getting one myself

http://www.10ring.com/cgi-bin/PassCart.pl?Ammo+Carriers&Galco&BUTT+CUFF  
:D

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
shell carriers
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 06:34:30 AM »
Fox Ridge Outfitters has the Uncle Mike's ones that streach on the stock. they also have a closed cell version that appears to be a little more rigid and a leather belt carrier.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
RE: Galco Butt Cuff
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 11:57:28 PM »
Hey Rust,  that's what I was seeing in my head.  Would be cool laced with leather and the tail left long.  I was thinkin' at the least, making one and using a section of of belt style shell carriers(available in leather)  and having it stitched onto it.  For a more rugged look you could use the rough side of the leather.  You wouldn't have to stitch the edges like they did. I mean, look how long a belt lasts and most to them don't have the edges stitched and this would not have nearly the abuse a belt has that is worn every day.  What da ya think??
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"