Author Topic: SIGHTS  (Read 519 times)

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
SIGHTS
« on: February 22, 2005, 05:22:11 AM »
Anyone have a set of rifle sights mounted on a 12ga smooth bore with or without screw in chokes? Can't find anyone to put a scope mount on Ed does not want to do any, now says he had to ship too many back without touching them. I think this might be te next best thing.
Would JB weld hold a scope on with full house turkey loads? :?:
Any ideas or thoughts.
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
SIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 01:37:08 AM »
As I remember the answer to the JB weld question is no. Buy a TDC and get the williams clamp on fire sights
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
SIGHTS
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »
I put a scope on my huntsman. Took off the sights, and glued to my smoothbore 12. I know not orthodox, and it even sounds bad, but out to 50 yards(I tried no farther) pretty accurate. So Now I got a nice slug gun for when I may go up to Jersey to hunt deer with my son...Epoxy!

Offline JRSR126

• Trade Count: (0)
SIGHTS
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 06:35:44 PM »
I have the TDC with the Williams Slugger Sights. I do consider the sights permanent because of the difficulty in reinstalling and sighting them in so you may not like them on for small game hunting. That is my excuse to get the 20 gauge tdc barrel when it comes out. I also had to get a higher rear sight from Williams due to the gun shooting low. Also the rear sight, although mounted securely, does move a little so I need to shim them with something. The manufacturing tolerances on the rib are not exact.  Overall, I like the sights, very well made, and will use the gun for turkey and deer but want a separate barrel for small game without the sights.

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
pp
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 06:08:55 PM »
put a set of sights on a 12 ga. with jb weld it worked good untill one HOT DAY.....i went to unload some not so perfect reloads shooting them as fast as i could then all of a sudden i had no ft. sight.......two shots later the rear fell off,,,,,,,,,,as long as you dont get the barrel red hot the jb works......but i think epoxy would work better.....jb

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
SIGHTS
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 02:37:04 AM »
I think I will try some acraglass paste It has worked well in the past on wood stocks. I just can't decide if I want to put a peep on it or just use the 4570 rear sight. Prob use te 4570 sight because I am cheap & pin point sub MOA groups are not required. Will try some riffled slus in it for funnies :-D
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!