Author Topic: Calf Rope! Enough is enough.  (Read 1835 times)

Offline skpp108

• Trade Count: (0)
Calf Rope! Enough is enough.
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 07:58:48 AM »
No 17 YO knows enough about anything to have an opinion I GAS about.
Use it up while its still good-

Offline Lost Okie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 01:26:31 PM »
Hello, new to this sight and guess I can be considered and "old fart".
Agree with some, disagree with others.  Some young whipper snappers (always liked that term) are pretty sharp when it comes to politics.  Some old farts are not.  Way I see it, we had two choices....far left and off the board or GW.  Don't agree with all he does or says anymore than I would expect you to.  But, a lot of our defect is due to the 8 yrs before GW and to 9-11.  
Way I look at it, I haven't liked any of our choices since Tricky Dick....my hero.   That should get some info.  Bottom line.  We have the opportunity to fix it in 4 yrs.  How many countries in the world can say that????.
Other than that, I like the H&R forum, and am not a handiholic yet, but have two barrels and am working on the third....Dang 1917 in 35 Whelen got in the way.

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 07:20:01 AM »
If you've never been there you don't know what you are talking about, Read all you want to but books only tell that autore side. I've been there I've done that, This war is NOT ABOUT OIL, Those people do not care about oil, They hate infidels and guess what.... every Christian in the world is an INFEDEL, If we don't take this fight to them They will bring it to us.( Do you want your Mom to be shot at?) Also pay a little more atention at school, Any thing done in the budget will not take place for 5 YEARS, So all of or budget screw up going on right now were put in place by William Jefferson Clinton. Who make GW look like an angel. Grow up and learn if your not blind you'll see whats really happening. Our Troops don't belong over there! Hogwash! If they would let me I would go back, I know why we're over there, Age won't let me back in, But if they show up around here I got something or two for them. :twisted:
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline Bob Hurley

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2005, 01:35:35 PM »
Quote from: Varminter
that's what's wrong with all you old farts you don't respect younger people's opinion. You think that since we are not old enough to vote that we don't know what the hell we are talkin about.

You're right, of course. All of us just skipped right over being 17 and have no idea of your perspectives.

You don't know if i am going to major in political science in college, you have know idea about how invovled i could be in politics.

I have a degree in Finance, but you'd be a fool if you let me handle your portfolio for you as I've never worked in the field. A formal education is a starting point that primarily teaches you how to think critically, real knowledge comes from the application of that critical thinking. As any hiring manager will tell you, there's no substitute for experience. I didn't like hearing that at 17, and I don't imagine you like hearing it either. That doesn't change it.

You old timers are so set in your ways that you don't give us younger folks an oppritunity to voice what we have learned through research and the studying of current events.

I give every man and woman I meet my full respect ... until they prove me wrong.

And when you think we say we have done research you think that all we have learned has been the views of the liberal media. YOU"RE WRONG. some people my be that way but not me.

If you believe ANY of the media or politicians literally, you missed that "critical thinking" process somehow. I listen to any source I can find as long as they aren't ranting and raving - I even read Al Jazeera from time to time, just to see how they perceive things. I don't buy any of it hook, line and sinker.

Just because i'm young doesn't mean i don't know what i'm talkin about. Age is just a number. You old timers need to respect the younger generation coming up. Just because we're young doesn't mean jack ****.

Being young is not a crime and doesn't deny you my respect - as I said, everyone I meet starts with that respect. Being young, loud and arrogant will get you treated as a child, as it is childlike behavior.

(this is not directed to any one member in general, but to every person that doubts us)

Nor is my reply directed at you, but at the ideas you posted. :wink: