Author Topic: mounting red dot to 10 ga. turkey barrel  (Read 716 times)

Offline presdme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
mounting red dot to 10 ga. turkey barrel
« on: March 01, 2005, 12:24:14 PM »
Yea, its here my 10 ga. is finally here!! Now lets mount my bsa 42mm red dot with the 2 weaver #19 mounts the factory told me to get. OH NO :cry: the mounts are to far apart for my red dot.  I have already called gander mtn. and they told me to bring it in and the gunsmith could make one for it. Seems like alot of trouble to me. Please if you know the proper scope rail to make this setup work let me know. THANKS AND GOOD HUNTIN!!
 P.S. PLEASE HURRY I CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER TO SHOOT THIS THING!

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 07:34:51 AM »
I would contact H&R.  They sell scope mounts and I believe that they should be able to provide you with the mount you need.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 12:05:24 PM »
Are you talking about the rings or the scope rail ???.. If your talking about the rail contact the CS and order the H&R factory made rail it has more slots in it then the normal weaver type rail does.  If your talking about your scope rings I'm confused my BSA red dot came with the rings installed.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline presdme

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 12:44:33 AM »
Hey all I am talking about a rail. When I mounted the 2 weaver mounts the red dot scope is not long enough and will only mount on one of the mounts Thanks

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 01:54:26 AM »
DaveH gave you wonderful advice. The H&R rails are the best out there for these guns. Get them direct from H&R and don't even fool around with the Weavers....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline presdme

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 03:14:27 AM »
HELP ,just called h@r and they said their is no such thing for the 10 gauge turkey barrel. If anyone has a part # or whatever this thing is called PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THANKS

Offline jeff223

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 04:13:38 AM »
just have a smith drill n tapp two holes for you #19 weaver base closer to the breech then you can use your red dot or if you ever want to change to a scope you can.looks like this.i wouldnt even monkey with NEF with something like this.this is the way they should of set the barrel up in the first place so red dots and scopes could be used

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 05:06:58 AM »
The other option, since you may be having a gunsmith drill and tap 2 holes anyway, is to have him put them in so you can mount a H&R rail. It would give you many more mounting options. I always thought the 10 gauge barrels were equipped to handle a scope rail, but don't have one myself....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline presdme

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2005, 05:17:02 AM »
Thanks guys now gotta call the gunsmith!! GOOD HUNTIN!!!!

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2005, 07:19:25 AM »
MSP RET the MAB model 10 ga are drilled and tapped for a scope rail.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 10:57:47 AM »
Thanks Dave, I guess I just mistakenly jumped to a conclusion  in thinking they all were d&t'ed...<><.... :grin: