Author Topic: Honest alternative to AARP....  (Read 951 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Honest alternative to AARP....
« on: March 07, 2005, 05:59:37 PM »
For years, I have been a member of AARP....They should call themselves the AALRP.. American Assn for LIBERAL Retired People..

We all know how they seem to back all the wrong positions..anti 2nd amendment, pro-gay.... and just about any position any right thinking Conservative, red-blooded  American is for...they are against.

Today we have a choice ..the..United Seniors Assn. I'm dumping the Hollyweird star-struck AARP (look at their mag covers?)   They can be found at ...

<www.usanext.org>

The AARP is afraid to debate them about current issues...even after an invite by such as FOX news and Chris Matthews " hardball"...

Tells us something.....no ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 07:16:25 AM »
Thats good to know ironglow. I'll check them out. AARP has been trying to get me to join since I turned 50. I keep telling no way until they change their way of operating. I have looked at 1 or2 of their magazines and they are not for a poor old country boy like me. Kinda like Jed Clamppet in Beverly Hills. :-D  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Shorty

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 01:17:03 PM »
AARP is against Bushes, or any, revamping of SS.  Why?  Their current members, those 50 and older, have been promised that no change will effect them.  So, AARP must be looking at its own survival as a power broker in the future!  Well, if they're just protecting their own jobs, screw 'em!  :P

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 04:51:57 PM »
Saw a three-way discussion on FOX news yesterday morning...

That is exactly what AARP is doing....rolling their dice to be a power broker down the line.

I'd rather see the United Seniors Assn. (USA) a pro-gun, pro-life, pro-marriage outfit with values, be the real power broker down the line..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 08:06:15 PM »
I would never join aarp they are one of the most anti gun outfits out there. Sad point is they represent a bunch of folks who have no clue what is goin on either.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 02:11:21 AM »
The AARP is an association of retired teachers.  Teachers are about the most liberal and unrealistic people in this country.  Did anyone rally think they would support any part of the Constitution that does not directly impact on their right to say whatever they want about any issue?  Did anyone ever really think they would support a Republican candidate?  

I think the best alternative to the aarp is to just live longer and be happy with what ya got.  They can't get you anything else except overpriced aspirin and a possible mugging in the parking lot.  I can get aspirin cheaper at the market and don't have to worry about shooting a prospective mugger there as the little old ladies take care of them before I even get there (LOL).  Mikey.

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 04:06:43 AM »
Do the new guys also have that swell discount at Furr's?
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.