Author Topic: I thought I would try the TDC without lead in the stock  (Read 469 times)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
I thought I would try the TDC without lead in the stock
« on: March 11, 2005, 01:15:39 PM »
I went shooting this afternoon...nothing really formal...just trying out a new Weatherby and took along my new TDC...tried some #4 shot baby mags thru it...and some of my handloads...with a max charge under 1-1/2oz of magnum 6 shot...patterning wasn't really an option with 35MPH wind gust and a swirling 20 MPH wind ...but at 40 yards...any turkey...would be mine :sniper:

It shoots  a really good even pattern... even in the wind...so I'm impressed...However...the recoil pad is definatly coming off and getting replaced...and 2lbs of lead shot is going in...this thing does kick...and my shoulder knows it...ohhhh soo well.... :)

I think I'll spring for a turkey tag this year...who knows...I might get lucky this time around...and  I think I'll find some of those clamp on sites for it...it should work just fine...

All in all...a very nice shooting shotgun...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
TDC 12GA
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 11:46:12 PM »
With the exception of the vent rib and the walnut, is there any difference between the TDC 12 and the Topper Deluxe.  Oh yeah,  I forgot about the 3 1/2 chamber.  I guess some have gotten that on the TDC.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"