Author Topic: Just For The Fun Of It..............  (Read 899 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Just For The Fun Of It..............
« on: March 19, 2005, 01:16:19 PM »
OK, just for the fun of it.  I came across this question on another forum and it sounded like a great fun question to ask here - While hunting, if you saw a Bigfoot would you shoot it, or try and take some pictures(if you had a camera along with you) to back up your story or just report your sighting or keep your mouth shut?

For myself, seeing I don’t carry a camera when hunting, it would boil down to either shooting the critter or keeping my big mouth shut.  Unless I was being attacked I guess I would just keep quiet about the whole thing as I have seen the results of what happens when one reports a sighting without any proof to back it up.  Of course if there were enough bounty..............   :eek:   Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 04:02:47 PM »
I would attempt to get photos but unless I felt my life in danger would not shoot one.

In fact I'll be doing some bigfoot hunting this year perhaps on a couple of occasions. I will be armed but will have no intentions of shooting unless I am attacked. I'm after photos not a dead critter. Now IF the photo evidence is obtained it is highly doubtful it will be shared with the world. That is NOT my reason for doing it.

Bullet Maker has darn near convinced me he really does have a fairly large population of the creatures on his place. He is certain they are a species of ape not yet identified and cataloged by science. I am something if a skeptic but he has convinced me as closely as I'm gonna ever be short of actually seeing for myself. I intend to be there at his place in June and again later in the year after leaves drop again.

I care not one whet about convincing the world only myself.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 06:22:14 PM »
Hard to say, unless I was standing there and he showed up.  :blaster:  :-D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 05:22:18 AM »
Now this is just a rumor, but I heard that Washington State University is or was offering one million dollar's dead or alive. I guess that after I took some picture's I'ed try to explain how much money that is to him,,,or her as the case may be. Then after a brief discussion about coming along peacefully, I'd plug the bast$$d.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 08:41:24 AM »
If it does not have a season on it is it legal to shoot one?  We have no Mt. Lion season in Mich.  Infact, until recently the DNR said there were none in Michigan, yet even though they "didn't exist" it would have been illegal to shoot one.  And if you did shoot one, you would be treated like a criminal by most people.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 12:27:16 PM »
:D No, I wouldn't shoot one unless attacked. Some of my friends resemble Bigfoot too much. I might try to take a picture.

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 09:36:30 PM »
I usta tell people that I saw one when I was about 16.  A bunch of us guys went out to the woods in the Sierra Nevada Mts. to drink some beer.  A lot of strange things happened that night, topped off by the sighting.  Now, a lot of people said that it was the beer that made that critter come out of the forest and into our view, and I have to wonder myself now that I'm older.  Still, it made for one great evening to remember.

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline longwalker

• Contributor
heck No !
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 12:59:55 PM »
I would not shoot one. Use the camera and wait for the big ugly thing to move on.

What a story never to tell. Imagin the destruction of your perfectly good hunting ground just because you could not keep your big mouth shut!

Heck I would'nt even tell my wife, the picture would be my last laugh.

longwalker

Offline Spyro Andes

• Avid Poster
Re: Just For The Fun Of It..............
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 02:18:57 PM »
Quote from: Lawdog

While hunting, if you saw a Bigfoot would you shoot it, or try and take some pictures(if you had a camera along with you) to back up your story or just report your sighting or keep your mouth shut?

If I ran into Bigfoot this morning, right now, I'd be on the phone trying to hook up free taxidermy.  

Then I'd be on a BBQ Forum asking how long it would take to smoke the shoulder and if I should season it like beef brisket or pork shoulder.

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 09:02:07 PM »
Spyro Andes,

I did hear somewhere that it sorta tasted like chicken, cooked like bear, and was as lean as buffalo.  

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 09:04:03 AM »
Quote from: crow_feather
Spyro Andes,

I did hear somewhere that it sorta tasted like chicken, cooked like bear, and was as lean as buffalo.  

C F

And smelled like a sku.....   :-D  :-D
Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.