Author Topic: MSP and Deadeye MIA??  (Read 881 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« on: March 26, 2005, 07:31:32 AM »
You fellas are missed!!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 09:04:23 AM »
diddo where are you guys.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline 10ga.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
MIA
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 03:16:30 PM »
MSP's profile shows his last visit was last sunday 03-20 at 6:35am, maybe he's on a road trip to buy another Handi      :gun4:
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline mitchell

Re: MIA
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 03:38:52 PM »
Quote from: 10ga.
MSP's profile shows his last visit was last sunday 03-20 at 6:35am, maybe he's on a road trip to buy another Handi      :gun4:

thats it get me his number i'm calling his wife he's getting a spanking!! he can make a road trip for a handi but not to shoot p-dogs. he's gona get it :wink:

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 04:22:55 PM »
Well...it looks like MSP is atleast checking in...I see him on line right now...How ya doing MSP...?

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 04:26:19 PM »
Hi Guys, I'm Home!!!!, I decided quite abruptly to go the Maine and do a little coyote hunting..did not think I could get the time away from the addition from hell, but after conferring with my wife I said what the heck, just throw some clothes and a gun in the truck and go, so with the best wishes of my wife and daughter I headed north a week ago, I neither saw nor heard any coyotes but saw 23 deer, and  all good and healthy looking. And although the trip was not a venture to aquire more Handi's (I'll never catch up to you Quick!!) I did happen to locate an as new, 1999 manufactured Tracker I, rifled sighted smoothbore 12 gauge!!! Since I have been wanting one for a while and the dealer and myself were able to reach an agreement that suited both of us, It now is home with me!!! Thats even better than a coyote!!!  No coyote sign in the area I was in and not many are reporting seeing them. Very few rabbits also, which goes along with the lack of coyotes. Perhaps this will help out the deer population for the next couple of years...
Well, it's good to be back and Happy Easter to everyone, now I just have to figure out how to tell my wife about the Tracker 1!!....<><.... :grin:

How about Deadeye and the Montanan, anyone heard from them?
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline mitchell

Re: MIA
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 04:42:06 PM »
Quote from:

thats it get me his number i'm calling his wife he's getting a spanking!! he can make a road trip for a handi but not to shoot p-dogs. he's gona get it :wink:

you get out of everything!!!! i guess it doesn't matter you'll get it any way when she finds out you got a new gun.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 05:01:05 PM »
Hi Mitch buddy, the road trip up north was a piece of cake, just about 400 miles door to door, took me 7 hours at a nice leisurely pace with 3 stops, 1) a cheeseburger and coffee to go, 2) pick up a 2005 Maine hunting/fishing license (with a night coyote hunting tag), and 3) a combo gas/pit stop......that P'dog shoot would be great but it's a lot further than 400 miles!!!. This year I'll have to live it vicariously through you guys, I know your good with a pen and paper, how about jotting down some impressions and writing something about it for those of us that can't make it?...<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 05:56:58 PM »
Glad to see your cyber smilin face again, MSP! Catch'n up is going to be tough for a bit,  got another H&R coming next wednesday from Mac, his 30-06 Ultra Comp is going to join my collection then..... :-D
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 03:40:02 PM »
Quote from: MSP Ret

How about Deadeye and the Montanan, anyone heard from them?

Andy, I haven't heard from Jack since Thursday, maybe he's spending Easter with the grandkids. Don't know about Montanan.

Offline MtJerry

• Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 04:08:36 PM »
Montanan is probably still getting settled into a new community and job.  He moved about a week and a half ago ....
:D

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 04:20:11 PM »
Thanks Mitch, I checked my e-mails when I got back last night, Jack sent me one on Thursday (3/24) and your right, he's probably bouncing a grandchild on his knee but he better check in soon. The Montanan is starting a new job as a Deputy with a Sheriffs Department in another County in Montana and was going to be gone about a week but I thought he was going to be back by now, perhaps the business at hand coupled with Easter has him tied up a bit longer. I hope they both check in soon. I did hear from Jon (The Montanan) on 3/25, he has been busy on the new job and said it might take a couple of days to get back to the computer. It looks as if he has a GREAT new job, I hope it works out wonderful for him, he deserves it...Talk about us being a "cyber" family, you guys are really my "Band of Brothers"...Happy Easter to all and take care, those who are among the missing, check in soon....<><.... :grin:  

Another thing that is troublesome (besides missing members) is messages that disappear.  This is the second time I typed this one. The first time it just went "POOF". Most likely my fault with phat phingers and all, but it takes a bit of work to retype messages, and did you ever notice, they are never the same the second time around? Close but not quite the same. I think the first time they are a bit better!!!

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 06:21:35 PM »
MSP Ret.
Happy to see you back, 400miles is not too bad with a few times to stop.
I got back from AZ a week ago had a terrible time driving home through Montana on icy roads.

I still have not been able to get my feet warm, even the house feels cold and I am supposed to go out and shoot that 257R in just above freezing weather. Next year I wont come back from sunny AZ so soon.

You know my work shop is so cold that I broke the decapping pin rod on my new 257R die. It crystallized from the cold if you can believe that. One thing you don't need is to put the beer in the fridge, just set it on the window sill and wear gloves when you drink it. :)

The Montanan should know all about that. Hope he has a good heater in his wheels.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 02:09:41 AM »
Hi Fred, for some reason I never thought of Montana as cold!!! When I do think, the logical conclusion is of course it is, but my first impression (without real thought) is Montana is out west (of where I am) and it's warm and looks like cowboy country, and since most cowboy movies picture guys on horses where it's warm, my impression is that of a warm, flat, dry area...so much for impressions and not thinking...the same with Canada, since it's north of me my impression is of a large, mountainous tree filled, forested, snowcovered and cold land...when in reality its a beautiful vibrant country...
I know what you mean about getting the house warm when you first get home, especially from a warm (sometimes hot!) location. When I first get to camp in the winter and even when it's 10 to 15 or even 20 below zero F outside (-25 to -35C) I first get the wood stove started and leave the door open to get the REAL cold air out of the camp. Because the camp is insulated it seems to work similar to a refridgerator in reverse, when it cools down during the coldest of nights the interior temperature drops, when it warms in the daylight the insulated camp maintains the lower temperature. Insulation keeps heat out as well as keeping it in. Even when the inside air temperature rises the objects in the camp maintain their lower temperature for quite a while. It usually takes at least 24 hours for the second floor temperature to stabilize.
I guess it might work with our old bodies also, when you lay around in that Arizona heat for a month or 2 your interior core temp gets up there and you have to readjust it to the "real world" ( :-D )...Make sure the cold does not crystallize your insides like it did that decapping pin!!!

You have my permission to stay in Arizona longer next year if you meet one stipulation, stop by a library or internet coffee shop  or anywhere that has a computer and check in more often...this place was not the same without your knowledgeable guidance....<><.... :grin:

Offline cheatermk3

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 05:09:35 AM »
Fred, you could put your beer in the fridge to warm it up!

Offline MtJerry

• A Real Regular
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 05:13:54 AM »
Quote from: Fred M
... had a terrible time driving home through Montana on icy roads.

You should have stopped at my place in Great Falls when you came thru - I got a good heater on my coffee pot   :)

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 05:27:20 AM »
MtJerry
Thanks, I drop in the next time I am down your way.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline MtJerry

• A Real Regular
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 05:41:50 AM »
Fred I hope you do!  

Would love to have you / meet you ... maybe we can get Montanan to drop by as well.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »
MtJerry, what county are you in?....<><.... :grin:

Offline MtJerry

• A Real Regular
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 08:40:48 AM »
Cascade County - right in the mddle of the state ...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
MSP and Deadeye MIA??
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 08:51:47 AM »
Thanks, I forget the name of the county Montanan is working in now but thats not it. It would have been great if he was in your area, you could get to shoot together, but I hear Montana is a BIG state compared to our little New England states....<><.... :grin: