Author Topic: DNR sports any good?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline tominboise

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
DNR sports any good?
« on: January 15, 2003, 04:23:27 PM »
I am thinking about ordering a Nikon 15-45X60 spotting scope outfit from DNRsports, based on the recommendations on this website.  I take it you all have been satisfied with them and their customer service?  I am leery of the New York City camera houses and the reputations they have.  I have been very happy with bearbasinoptics.

Anyway, any opinions apprecaited.

Tom
Regards,

Tom

Offline Zachary

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 03:34:11 AM »
I have ordered from both bearbasin and dnrsports.  I personally like the customer service at dnrsports a bit better.  I once ordered a Leupold Illuminated scope, but, after receiving it, I didn't like that particular kind of reticle, so I sent it back to dnrsports, and they sold me the leupold with a different illuminated reticle with no questions asked.

I would definately stay away from the NY houses! :evil:

Zachary

Offline Gregory

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 03:05:06 AM »
Tom
Have you compared DNR prices to http://www.natchezss.com/?
They run alot of sales and specials.
Greg
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline Zachary

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 05:00:23 AM »
dnrsports, and now theopticzone, are sponsors of our forums.  Part of the reason that they have been selected is that they have good people working for them in addition to having some of the lowest prices around.  

I recommend that, if you happen to find scopes less somewhere else other than our sponsors, then tell them that you found a lower price, tell them that you are a member from Graybeard Outdoors.com, and ask them if they can match the price.  In this manner, you still get the lowest price, and our sponsors continue to sponsor us, and thus, YOU can continue participating, teaching, and learning from this forum. :grin:

Zachary

Offline RKBAHolsters

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 07:16:08 AM »
Last week, I was looking for a scope for a Savage 10FP.  Stopped into a local gun shop and checked out both a Leupold 3.5-10 Tactical and a Bushnell Elite 3200 10X Tactical.  I was pleased by the Bushnell's optics compared to the Leupold.  But, they wanted $679 for the Leupold and $229 for the Bushnell.

Checked out some sites on line, SWFA was $189, a couple other others were $200ish.

Then I looked at D&R Sports, $156.80, which would you buy?

Bought the one from D&R, shipped from them on Thursday and will be delivered here in Washington on Monday.  

Great price and great service.

Prices vary so definitely shop around.

Steve

Offline Zachary

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2003, 01:34:53 PM »

I have no experience with the Bushnell Tactical series.  Neither personally or otherwise.  I try to go to the gun range as often as I am able - if you are polite, you would be surprised how many people are willing to allow you to see through their scopes and actually take a couple of shots.  I learn a lot this way too.  But I have never had any experience with the Bushnell Tacticals.  

Let us know what your impressions are after you use it.  We'd love to hear from you. :D

BTW, I also own a 480 Ruger - in the Taurus RB.  I shot a hog with it this year.  What a wonderful cartirdge. :wink:

Zachary

Offline cliffs

dnr
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 05:54:34 PM »
:grin: i have had nothing but good service from DNR sports. I have bought several scopes from them and they were the leat expensive by far. :wink:
Spring We Strut, Fall We Rut

Offline RKBAHolsters

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 06:12:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm very happy.  Got my 10X Tactical, for $20-30 less than SWFA, and it only took 2 days via Fedex.

I'll be checking them out again, and again, and....(you get the point).

steve

Offline Zachary

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2003, 02:30:24 PM »
I just made a recent purchase from dnrsports today.  Take a look at my post on the Bolt Action Rifles section.  Believe me, I only buy from places that have great prices and great service AND ARE REPUTABLE!!!  dnrsports has been around for a loooooooonnnnggg time.

Thank you dnr sports. :D

Zachary

Offline wildman

• Avid Poster
DNR sports any good?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003, 10:08:06 AM »
From what I've seen, DNR has the lowest price of anyone advertised on the internet.  I am currently in the market for a Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8 gloss rifle scope, and their posted price beats anyone elses I could find.  For this scope, their price is $373.18 plus s&h.  I noticed that Mark has even put some of these on ebay for the same price plus $10 s/h.  That's $383.18 for the same scope that sells locally for $449 plus tax(around $475).  I've noticed that these things sell used for $300 +/- a few bucks.  I guess that just goes to prove that good quality products really hold their value.    :blaster:                                     :bye:
The intruder turns around slowly, sees both barrels, and hears a low-deep voice say "Son, the left one's iron and the right one's steel, if the left one don't get you, the right one will"

Offline Zachary

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2003, 02:51:15 PM »
Indeed they do. :wink:

Zachary

Offline BruceP

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
DNR sports any good?
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2003, 03:58:31 AM »
D&R does have some good prices. I just wish they had some Bushnell 2X6 handgun scopes. Still waiting patiently (as possable that is). They have been backordered since the first part of November and I am getting closer to having the free time to shoot.
BruceP
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
DNR sports any good?
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2003, 07:39:42 AM »
Bruce why not check with one or both of my other optics selling advertisers. The Optic Zone's banner is above on this page and are the sponsor of this forum. SWFA has a rotating banner. I know Bushnell is shipping that scope as I got one from them just recently so it should be available.

Just noticed there is one for sale in the Classifieds NIB he says. Price seems a tad high to me but you might get him down.  

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5515

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BruceP

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
DNR sports any good?
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2003, 11:47:49 AM »
Graybeard I did see the one in the classifieds I though it was a little high too. I have thought about trying to order from one of the other sources but I still have a little time before I can do much shooting and D&R does have the best price. I thought I would give them just a little more time and see if they get any in. What I have been concerned about though is the first couple of times I called to check the status of my order, back in November and December, They asked my zipcode and they then had my name and knew what item I was wanting. The last two calls after asking my zip they then had to ask my name and the item, so I'm now wundering if they have canceled my backorder and not informed me.
BruceP
Lord, Please help me
Keep my small mind open
and my big mouth shut.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
DNR sports any good?
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2003, 02:11:53 PM »
Ive ordered several times from DNR  Always great service.  The only thing I dont like is that they dont always list their prices.  How can I buy compulsively when I have to wait to find out what the price is?  It is sometimes just enough time to "cool off" and talk myself out of it. :)
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline prusch

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 09:26:03 AM »
Maybe I don't understand how D&R works but I sent an email over a week ago asking shipping costs on a scope and have gotten no reply. I guess it's no big deal but if companies want only phone calls then they should not list an email address.

It's 2-13-03 and still no reply-
I thought part of shopping on line was to save money on long distance phone calls?
NRA Endowment Member
Favorite Comment to wife-
" No I've always had that it's not new"

Offline Zachary

DNR sports any good?
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2003, 12:21:28 PM »
Boy I sure do know what you mean about "cooling off." :-D   Sometimes, I'm very thankful for such situations.  Otherwise, I would probably be broke. :)

Zachary