Author Topic: Air rifle scope for .22LR?  (Read 372 times)

Offline oldtramrambler

• Trade Count: (0)
Air rifle scope for .22LR?
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:47:29 AM »
I'm thinking of purchasing a Bushnell Sportsman air rifle scope for my Ruger 10/22. It is the 3-9X32 model with adjustable objective. I will be using this rifle/scope combo primarily for squirrel hunting and I like the idea of being able to eliminate parallax down to 25 yards.

Does anyone have experience with this scope or any comments? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Offline sniperVLS

• Remington & Sig Sauer addict!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 10:47:30 AM »
Some of the Bushnell air rifle scopes are good for rifles too, be it rimfire and centerfire. An air rifle has an odd recoil which makes it tough on scopes, so according to some makers, their air rifle scopes are actually more durable then a regular scope.

don't know if that helped you but you should be fine with the bushnell. If others feel Im wrong, Im sure they'll chime in.

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 11:03:52 AM »
The Sportsman should work okay, but I would recommend at least getting the Bushnell Trohpy.  I have heard that they are great scopes on air guns, so then they should work well on rimfires too.

Still,  if it's the sportsman you got, then just try it out.  It should work  out fine.

Zachary