Author Topic: Remington Golden Saber ammo ???  (Read 561 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
Remington Golden Saber ammo ???
« on: June 14, 2005, 06:18:02 AM »
What is your opinion of Remington's Golden Saber ammo? I have two Glock's, G22 and a G27 both shoot the 165 gr. Golden Saber's really well. I carry these pistol regularly. Currently I use Federal's 155 gr. Hydra-Shoks. I want to go with something a little heavier. I like the fact that Remington (and Federal) has a cheaper line of ammo, the UMC line (Federal American Eagle) that has the same ballistics as the ammo I use for carry, it makes practice a lot cheaper and both have the same point of impact in my Glock's!  :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Dusty Miller

Remington Golden Saber ammo ???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 12:49:10 PM »
I you want to go with something "a little heavier" then go to a 200 gr. bullet 'cuz there's only 10 gr. difference between the two bullets you mentioned.  As a matter of fact, why don't you get a decent 1911 and go to a 230 gr. bullet?
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline mikedb

• Contributor
jacket separation
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 03:20:36 PM »
I used to carry Golden Sabres until I started to notice core and jacket separation in the recovered bullets.  I now use Speer Gold Dots.  They are bonded and what I have read and my own testing shows they hold together.  Good idea to dump the hydroshocks.  They tent to not expand after passing thru fabric.  They do look good in bare gelatin.