Author Topic: Guns You Regret Selling/Trading  (Read 1749 times)

Offline KENTDEP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Guns You Regret Selling/Trading
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2005, 01:57:24 AM »
I sold off a little Ruger Bearcat a few years back. It was a little rough but I still liked it a lot. I did make a few bucks on it but the profit wasn't worth the loss.

I have had a few others that I traded up for something better and did not have regrets. After the Bearcat I made a rule for myself - don't sell or trade any guns that I could not easily replace if I had regrets.

Jay

Offline LarryL

• Avid Poster
  • 2004 - 480 SRH
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2005, 02:56:17 PM »
I definitely don't miss the Taurus 9mm I had.

I do miss many of my trades over the years like my single six Ruger 22/22mag, Ruger 44 SS black powder, S&W 629 .44 mag, Ruger Mk II target .22.  

I especially miss the 6" model 27 .357.  It had the target sights, hammer, and trigger, and the presentation wood case.  It had the best trigger I have ever had, and the nicest blueing too.  Don't remember what I traded it on, but I still miss that gun.
Success is a journey, not a destination...  Might as well enjoy the ride!! 

Just remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.  You can rely on 911 or on 1911. The choice is yours.

Larry

Offline Doc T

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2005, 04:32:25 AM »
I don't want to think about it long enough to make a list.  It will just make me depressed and nauseated!

Offline Rum River

• Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2005, 07:25:20 AM »
Let's see..........

S & W model 17 6" blue target
S & W model 19 6" blue target
Colt Trooper MkIII .357 6" blue
Colt Trooper MkIII .357 8" nickel
Colt Trooper MkIII .22 8" nickel

......always sold to finance something else. Which of course suffered the same fate. Have been able to replace the S & W model 19, but I'm still looking for the others listed. Not to mention the ones I didn't list!

I had a Remington 513T, sold it to finance whatever, a good 10 - 12 years later a friend's brother happen to have it. Got my rifle back! (For slightly more than what I sold it for, of course.)

Some years back, read a story of a WWII ETO vet who found his wartime Garand in some out-of-the-way gun shop in the 1970's. Needless to say, it went home with him.
Rum River

"It was a FRIENDLY fight".     "Hmph, I've never been in one a them."

Offline willis5

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2005, 08:06:14 AM »
the old .410 bolt squrriel slayer that I had as a kid.
Cheers,
Willis5

Offline gewehrfreund

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2005, 02:40:19 AM »
I'm not much of a handgunner, but I do regret selling my S&W M17 and one of the TC Contenders I have had over the years.