Author Topic: TDC on back order  (Read 673 times)

Offline sachel.45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
TDC on back order
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:07:16 AM »
I went to one of my local gun shops today to see if i could order a tdc the guy i was talking to said there are all on back order and that no one has gotten a hold of one and that there has been done on ay dealers shelf is this true? i tryed one of my walmarts  (we have 2) and they catlouge they have didn't have the TDC in it so i couldn't order it from there. and turkey season is fast apporching(sp?) theres one more walmart and one more gun shop i could go to should i try those and see? the place i went to today said if the could get one( i also had the look for a topper deluxe as i want screw in chokes) it probley won't be before turkey season (april 15) i live in washington state if that helps. any thoughts?
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
TDC on back order
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 11:30:08 AM »
sachel.45, that's a lot of bull, I ordered and recieved a TDC from a Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago. It took about 10 days to be in my hands from the day it was ordered. Try the below link, print out the page and take it to Wal Mart, they CAN order it for you....<><.... :grin:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3138395&cat=170093&type=1&dept=4125&path=0%3A4125%3A4155%3A170080%3A170084%3A170084%3A170093

I also checked Sports South, the distributor that Wal Mart uses, they have the 12 gauge TDC's in stock for immediate delivery, the link to their H&R page that shows the TDC's is below:

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/results.asp

Don't give up, the gun you want to buy is sitting in the warehouse, it's just that the salespeople are lazy or don't know how to do their job, or most likely both!!!....<><.... :roll:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
TDC on back order
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 12:20:53 PM »
Go get'em sachel and let us know how it turns out...
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
TDC on back order
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »
Do you already have a topper or pardner? You might want to consider one of the 24 " turkey guns. If it's going to be a turkey specific gun. Another option is gunbroker.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
TDC on back order
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 06:03:22 AM »
no i don't have a topper (i have a feeling that this will be the first of many). you know that kinda figures i've never had good luck when it comes to that paticular store hunting dept they have ok prices but is you need anything or want to look at something it takes for ever. wal mart it is now i just have to wait untill payday.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
TDC on back order
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 07:29:15 AM »
satchel.45, Wal Mart asks for 50% down when you order the gun(about $75.00 in this case) and you pay the rest when you pick it up, good luck and let us know how it goes, It's usually "interesting" everytime you try to order or buy a gun from Wal Mart....<><....  :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
TDC on back order
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 08:25:02 AM »
is it hard to order a gun from walmart?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
TDC on back order
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 08:48:53 AM »
Hello satchel.45(?), you posted in the first post in this thread that you tried to order a TDC from a Wal Mart and they said they could not order it.
I posted next and told you I had just ordered and received one and gave you 2 links to help you. The first was the special order page from the Wal Mart special order book, all you have to do is print that out and go back to the Wal Mart and order it. If the "person" you speak to says he cannot order it, ask to speak to the sporting goods manager, if he is not there ask to speak to the store manager. Either of those should order it for you. If they want, they can even order guns that do not appear in their special order catalog, as long as their distributor has one in stock. The hardest part of dealing with Wal Mart is the employees, you have to:
 1) find someone who gives a defecation. (noun form of defecate)
 2) find someone who knows what The heck they are doing.
 3) find someone who will at least TRY to help....

Good Luck and let us know how it all works out, you could have that TDC in your hands in a week or just a bit more so if you follow the above....<><.... :grin:

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
TDC on back order
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 10:27:18 AM »
i didn't mean specifically for me i just meant is it in general my dad is looking for a new gun to and i was just wondering.  by the way thank you for your help i really apperciate it

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
TDC on back order
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 12:21:11 PM »
OK sachel.45, and good luck to you and your dad ....<><.... :grin:

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
TDC on back order
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 09:15:40 PM »
just order it. it'll be here in two weeks. woohoo this will be the first of many to come i think

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
TDC on back order
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »
Good for you Sachel.45!!! Did you order it at the same store that said they could not order it? How did the ordering process go? How long did it take to order it? Come on now, let us know how it went!!!!....<><.... :grin:

Offline mrlizzzard

• Avid Poster
TDC on back order
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 01:47:43 AM »
Does anyone know if this is correct?Will the TDC's switch to 3 1/2'chambers very soon?That is why I am waiting.It is a sweet  piece.
lizzzard

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
TDC on back order
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 07:06:32 AM »
same store diffrent guy. they just called made sure they had the gun at sportsouth. they said to go to layaway and i put 50% down and it'll be here in a week i just have to wait untill the next payday to pick it up so a week later which is gonna kill me. but i can't wait it'll be here just in time for turkey season

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
TDC on back order
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 07:08:55 AM »
oh it only took about 10 minutes. by the way what choke tubes fit the tdc? is it the winchester threaded chokes? now if only they made the tdc in a 28 gauge or .410 i could have a nice little collection

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
TDC on back order
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 07:26:02 AM »
Congratulations satch, I hope you get it for turkey time!!!!....<><.... :grin:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
TDC on back order
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 07:27:34 AM »
Congratulations sachel.45, I hope you get it for turkey time!!!!....<><.... :grin: