Author Topic: Bushnell 3-9x40 vs Sightron SII 3-9x42  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Bearwolf31

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell 3-9x40 vs Sightron SII 3-9x42
« on: March 14, 2005, 08:12:29 AM »
Which of these two scopes would you buy and why? I currently have a Bushnell Scopechief 3-9x40 and absolutely love the brightness, clearness, and eye relief of it but since they are no longer made I need to find something similar. I am down to the two scopes mentioned above and will put one of the two on my 270win. I havent had a chance to look through the Sightron as no place around stocks them that I can find.

Bear

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:05:01 PM »
I just ordered a Bushnell Banner 3X9X40 from OpticZone because I have been so impressed with the Bushnell Sportsman's I have.......... :-)

Offline Zachary

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 02:54:36 PM »
I'm not one to recommend lower priced optics because you generally get what you pay for.  However, I am also aware that there are people out there that do in fact have good results with low priced scopes.  Perhaps it has something to do with luck or perhaps lower expectations because of the lower price - or perhaps both, I don't know.  I say this because I generally do not recommend any bushnell scope below the Trophy line.  Still, I'm glad to hear that you had good results with your scopes.

Zachary

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 04:13:49 PM »
My best scope is my Nikon 3X9X40 Buckmaster.....when I purchase my next "expensive" scope, it will be a Nikon Monarch 6X.

Offline Zachary

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 04:52:11 PM »
What most people don't know is that the Nikon Buckmasters are essentially the "Pre-Monarch" scopes before the Monarchs came out.  When you bought a Nikon, it was just Nikon - no other models.  I have several of these Nikon scopes and they were/ARE great!  Yes, the newer Nikon Monarchs are better - at least I mean they have better glass, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the Pre-Monarchs/Buckmasters are still excellent scopes.

Yup, gotta love those Nikons - BOTH of 'em. :wink:

Zachary

Offline De41mag

• A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 01:33:17 PM »
Bearwolf;

I've got a Sightron 2.5X8X42, and am very pleased with it. Bought it two years ago for about $156.00. It is very clear and its adjustments are precise, and it holds zero. For the price, I think it was a very good investment. I know the price has went up quite a bit since then on the scopes. But if I were in the market for another scope and did not want to spend the money for something like a Leupold. I'd buy another Sightron.
Just my opinion.

Dennis  :D