Author Topic: quite it !  (Read 592 times)

Offline Bob W.

• Trade Count: (0)
quite it !
« on: March 25, 2005, 08:19:49 AM »
You guys got to quite talking about these shot guns 'cause its driving me insane!  Ive got 2 dbl .12 ga one 870 .12 ga one  dbl .20 ga and one .410  All your talk has gotten me so juiced up that I've gone to the local shops and find myself looking past the "Big name guns and looking at H&R ultras trackers, and partners ...  which one  which one.  I want a slug gun but then I think that a .12 partner with Brenneky slugs would do on deer and small game but the TDC looks so cool then the tracker is soo light and handy but not made for a scope but wouldn't the partner in a .20 or .410 be great for rabbits  I've got a .50 cal sidekick in my gun case and now my Knight disc remains unused.  I'm concerned that if I get another H&R my other expensive guns may never see the woods again.  So you guys stop it!!

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
quite it !
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 09:25:05 AM »
You need (got to have) one of each :twisted:
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
quite it !
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 11:48:51 AM »
:P I predict a glut of big name guns showing up in gunbroker.com pretty soon!! :)
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
quite it !
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 01:04:46 PM »
Then seed of intent has been planted. Don't fight it, it will only consume you! :shock:  I would opt for the 20 ga. tracker. The 12 ga. is a shoulder stomper. I had one and after 3 shots it stung the living h#@&% out of my shoulder. I'm not one to complain of recoil, but my 45-70 recoil is more of a shove than an actual kick. And I was only using 2 3/4 slugs. Can't imagine what 3 inchers would have felt like. Lowered the recoil some before I give it to my brother. :lol:  It's still a tack driver though. But I should have expected that since the gun only weighed 5 1/4 lbs! :shock: I love the rear sight on my tracker. definitely a good slug gun ; I mean a great slug gun. :toast:  :mrgreen:
                                                        tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline 10ga.

• Avid Poster
Slug Gun
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 03:24:28 PM »
Go for it and get you one of these...

The recoil is very tame because of the weight (9lbs) and it is a tack driver :grin:  Just ask anyone on here who owns one.
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
quite it !
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 01:25:19 AM »
At least with this H&R/NEF habit the guns don't cost an arm and a leg. A pardner is a fine place to start, but then again so is a TDC, or a tracker ...... Just give in to the temptation.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
quite it !
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 03:16:14 AM »
You know it's inevitable. You know you will eventually brake down and get one.  So why lose another nights sleep sitting up thinking about it?  Go get one today!  The TDC with screw in chokes would be my first choice.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Bob W.

quite it !
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 11:40:57 AM »
you guys just aren't listening.  I'm quite certain I'm going to give in to the temptation I'll let you know when it happens.  thanks again!

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
quite it !
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 06:38:34 AM »
Hahaaaaah...Another one bites the dust...Join the club of Handiholics anonymous.  You are always welcome.  It is a sickness but at least you can get some return on your investment unlike smoking or drugs.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense