Author Topic: Magma Engineering on Ebay  (Read 822 times)

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Magma Engineering on Ebay
« on: March 28, 2005, 01:00:37 PM »
Found a Magma mould on Ebay and the opening bid was $75......whew, I'll stick to the old Lyman/Ideal moulds.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline rbwillnj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 01:26:09 AM »
I noticed that Magma is now also selling their hard wax bullet lube and "Star" dies on ebay at the same prices you can buy them direct.   I'm guessing they saw the prices Star Lubrisizers have been going for and decided it was time to make more people aware of what they have.

I like their lube, and its a lot cheaper than Lyman Orange.

Offline SGD

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 03:28:28 AM »
I am surprised that they don't have their Star sizers on ebay.  If you are in the market for one of their molds, then you must have one of their machines, and if you have one of their machines, then you know where to get the molds.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

Offline WW1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Stae Molds..
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 04:21:30 AM »
hi I was looking at their molds, and it states they will work with their machines and clearly states they are designed to use RCBS handles if I remember right...as for the $75 if you have priced any of the other semi custom molds, $75 isnt out of line...I called them on their die prices as I have been tlaking to Mary at Magma and the price on Ebay was $45 and they said that was a mistake and changed the price to $35...I believe most of the prices are a buy it now...also one more thing I have found out is if you have a bullet mold and want the dies just fo it, especially if it has odd spacing for the lube grooves, you can either send them the measurement or a sample bullet and they will fix the die to match the needs...so far I havent ordered but in delaing on the phone they seem very nice..I keep watching old Stars with no paint going for new or more thna new prices and I think I will buy a new one...just my thoughts.WW1
All a man has is his word and good name...