Author Topic: Wisconsin Cartridge Ammo suprise  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Wisconsin Cartridge Ammo suprise
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 02:59:21 AM »
After giving this situation some thought I have come to the following conclusion.

From now on, If I receive a product that I am not 100% satisfied with the first thing I will do is contact the seller and/or manufacturer and inform them of my dissatisfaction (in a nice, polite way).  If the company is reputable they will take all reasonable steps to satisfy their customer, at which point I would recommend them to others.  If a company blows me off instead,  I will right them off for any repeat business, and be obliged to trash them on chat forums like this.

I think this will save a great deal of time and anguish.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2005, 07:49:27 AM »
i buy alot of stuff on-line and i mean tons of stuff !. i work out of my house so i even shop for groceries on line and get them delivered.

i'd guess 1 out of 25 things are either damaged in shipping, the wrong stuff, or is defective, etc.

my first line of defense when ordering stuff is to make sure i use a real charge card were i can file disputes over the internet or phone. that way i always have the upper hand. debit cards work fine, but if you have a dispute, most banks require a written complaint be filled out at the bank. that means getting dressed and leaving the house. also, never pay COD, you have ZERO recourse.

when the wrong stuff arrives, they get one pleasant phone call to resolve the matter, and that usually works. my second phone call is to the credit card company to contest the charge. shortly thereafter, i get a call from the people who sent me the stuff asking why i won't pay for the stuff. the only resolution i give them is to send UPS for a prepaid pick up, and if they are jerks, i leave the stuff outside in the rain or in a snow pile.

so in the final analysis, it sounds like WC is a stand up company that stands behind their products and workmanship, i like to hear that !

i still would have shot those rounds, geez, 22 cents a round is a really good price with that premium bullet you get.

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2005, 08:18:32 AM »
I called WC and talked to the owner. He immediately said he'd send a UPS pick up and refund my order.

Sounds like pretty good customer service to me...is he sending the replacement ammo prior to recieiving the damaged batch??? If he is that would be another reason to buy from them again...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline stiff neck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »
is he sending the replacement ammo prior to recieiving the damaged batch???
NO!  There is NO replacement ammo.  That's my other point.  It's like he just said "screw it and don't order from me anymore if you don't like what you got".  

I was very polite.  He was very polite.  No apology for "bad" ammo.  No offer to replace it.  He immediatly jumped in and said he'd refund my money.  But it seems obvious to me that he doesn't want to have me as a customer or he would have said something like "Oh, our bad, we'll fix it".  But he didn't.  He gave up.  I guess it's not worth it to him?  

THAT'S WHY I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT IF I JUST GOT AN UNLUCKY BATCH OF CRAP AMMO, OR IF IT'S ALL LIKE THIS.  From WC's actions, it seems to me like it's all that way and stop complaining or don't buy it.

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2005, 10:07:33 PM »
Stiff Neck:
Let's see: WCC refunded your order, which I would guess included the orginal shipping charges. WCC provided the return shipping costs by way of the UPS pick-up. I haven't noticed other forum members with anything but positive experiences with WCC. (I think your question has been answered: You just got a unlucky batch of crap ammo, and it's not all like that.) We all know that anyone or any company can make a mistake. I think it speaks very highly of WCC the way they handled it. Give yourself a break and just move on. I think that most people that use mail order or internet comes in contact with negative experiences eventually. And most do not end up as clean as yours did. JMHO..mt
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline glock29

• Avid Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2005, 05:26:31 AM »
I stated that Wolf ammo is JUNK for several reasons:

1) Produces TONS (about 5 times) of powder fouling compared to domestically produced WORTHWHILE ammo.

2) Is EXTREMELY inconsistent in the 223, 45ACP, 380 and 9mm that I have tried in regards to the amount of powder loaded in each cartridge (based on the audible BANG, and the distance ejected)

3) due to reason number two above, velocity and accuracy is ALL OVER THE PLACE !

4) It is the only ammo in my life that I consistently get burning powder particles blasted out the ejection port into my face & shooting glasses.

5) The smell of the powder absolutely REEKS when burning.

6) It has a JUNK steel, berdan primed, non-reloadable case.

7) Have had several "hangfires" with this stuff when I tried it.

I repeat this stuff is nothing but TRASH that I will never again expose my valuable firearms to !

'Nuf Said  !
Go MAGNUM/MAX LOAD or GO HOME !    
Always use MUCH more gun than the minimum required to do the job.
Recoil is your FRIEND...It lets you know you are using something WORTHWHILE !