Author Topic: Lightweight Auto  (Read 1203 times)

Offline leadbutt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Lightweight Auto
« on: January 20, 2003, 11:46:18 AM »
Look at the SIG-239
"Just another day in Oz"

Offline Savage

Lightweight Auto
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 03:26:45 PM »
The Sig is good, the Kel tec is good and inexpensive.
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Savage

Lightweight Auto
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 02:28:54 PM »
cknight98,
I am not a big fan of the S&W autos, but have to ask if you disassembled and gave the gun a good clean and lube after your first range session? SOP for me is to disassemble and clean/inspect/lube before firing the first time and of course afterward. I have seen new guns that were full of foreign matter and improperly lubed right from the factory. Add in a few rough mating surfaces and you have a nonfunctional weapon. Before you bury the thing I'd perform this task, borrow another magazine and try another range session. If this does not solve your problem it's time to look elsewhere for your CCW!
Stay Safe,
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Lightweight Autos
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 05:08:12 AM »
ck:  a Colt or Colt clone aluminum framed or plastic framed Commander length in either 38 Super or 45.  If you decide to go with the 45, get some heavy duty springs from Wolfe to dampen the recoil.  Hope this helps.  Mikey.

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
Lightweight Auto
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 04:49:31 AM »
chris, get a good kimber or even the rock island 45's i have shot quite a few of them and they have proven to be good guns,  i didnt not like the charles daly or the dan wesson models i have shot!  now i know the wesson is suposed to be of good quality but i had issues with it and the fit was bad! it is hard to beat a good kimber or good colt enhanced model, if it were me a sig p-220 would fit nicely we can find them used around here as police trade ins for about 375.00,  i like the tauras 45 whell gun it was nice shooter for me!  might get one of those this spring

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Lightweight Auto
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 03:14:31 PM »
Chris:

A Sig 239.  Slim, light weight, will eat anything you feed it and it goes BANG EVERY TIME time you pull the trigger!

Be Safe!  ...Chris    :D
"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike!" Spiro Agnew