Author Topic: Scope for a Pre 64 Model 94 32 winchester special  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Camper

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope for a Pre 64 Model 94 32 winchester special
« on: March 23, 2005, 09:04:28 AM »
Looking for a scope for my Dad's Model 94 32wim spec as his eye sight is not what it used to be and he find's scopes helpful.  I know that we should practice all year long with our rifles but he only takes it out for two weeks a year.  Is there a side mount scope for this model or does anyone know of any sights that might be more helpful for him.  I plan on kicking his ASS to the range a little more as I can't stand not knowing where my gun is shooting on paper and on an animal.

Thanks
Camper

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Scope for a Pre 64 Model 94 32 winchester s
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 12:25:47 PM »
Your Dad's gun will have to be drilled and tapped and since it ejects straight out the top, finding a mount might be difficult. The Angle Eject 94's helped alleviate this problem. Considering how a gunsmith might charge $10-$15 per hole and adding the price of a mount and scope, you'd be better off giving him a new 94 and leave the pre-1964 alone.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline diggdug

re
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 02:57:30 AM »
I agree, don't drill holes in that rifle! It is worth alot more as is. Buy a new rifle and retire the .32
Most people say I'm an idiot!

Offline Camper

Scope for a Pre 64 Model 94 32 winchester s
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 07:15:23 AM »
Agreed.  I will just have to go out and find another rifle for him.  I don't want to ruin the authenticity of the rifle

Camper