Author Topic: partner slug accuracy?  (Read 376 times)

Offline Bob W.

• Trade Count: (0)
partner slug accuracy?
« on: March 29, 2005, 01:39:41 PM »
anyone know what kind of accuracy and range I could expect out of a .12 ga. partner Mod choke?  maybe with brenneke or those new Federal shells that mac11700 gave a link to?  I'm torn between a .410 partner and the .12 I was thinking the .12 would be more versitile till I could afford to buy another gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Bob W
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 02:15:53 PM »
Hey, what about the 20ga ?  That 12 is gonna kick like a mule, especially if you get the PLANE JANE Pardner.  It doesn't have a recoil pad, only a Butt Plate.  
I'm torn between a .410 partner and the .12 I was thinking the .12 would be more versitile till I could afford to buy another gun

You will have less kick with a 20ga than a 12ga and you will have a better pattern for bird hunting with the 20ga over the .410.  On the other side, if you are goin' for duck and geese, the 12ga is the way to go.  
Just seems like you would be really limited if you went with the .410.  But, that's just my opinion, and we have all heard the comparison about opinions, so I don't need to go there. LOL
Good luck with your choice.  You can't go wrong with a NEF single shot.  They are great guns and thats just the way it is.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Woodbutcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Slug
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 02:59:10 PM »
Dear Bob W:
 12 ga slugs been used for a long, long time in smoothbores. Accuracy can vary a bit. Just figure 50 yds or so. Range work will determine the "or so".  The 20 ga also works fine with slugs. I can attest to that personally, with an H&R no less.
 Your idea about being versitile is right, and you'll be happier with the 12. Shells are cheaper anyway, I think. And I'd rather a 12 for turkey.
 And please don't let Cookieman talk you out of enjoying a little recoil. It's good for the constitution, and clears the sinuses. Just avoid long range sessions with 3" ammo!                          Woodbutcher