Author Topic: Any interest in a heavy weight 41 caliber jacketed bullet?  (Read 311 times)

Offline jcunclejoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Would there be any interest in heavyweight 41 caliber jacketed bullets?
Perhaps a 240gr softpoint, 240gr hollowpoint? 250gr bullets, maybe 265 or 270 grainers.

I guess the big question is what is on the wish list for heavy 41 jacketed bullets? Please let me know what you wish were available.

Thanks
Joe

Offline De41mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
Any interest in a heavy weight 41 caliber j
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 05:01:28 PM »
jcunclejoe;

Yup, sure would like to see a heavier bullet that is jacketed. I wish that Sierra still made the 220gr. FPJ. Now that was an accurate bullet.
But ya, could even go higher to a 230gr. or 240gr. I think that a 240 should be about max. I've tried the Winchester 240gr. Platinum Tip in both handguns and the Marlin 1894FG. It did not impress me to much as far as accuracy goes. Hope some of the other ammo makers come out with a heavy 41 caliber bullet.
Let's keep our fingers crossed.  :wink:

Dennis   :D

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
I'm interested
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 07:54:31 PM »
I've been pleased with the LBT style cast heavy weights but a 240-255 jacketed would appeal to me too.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA