Author Topic: Got a traveler to take my guns......  (Read 755 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Got a traveler to take my guns......
« on: March 27, 2005, 12:45:02 PM »
Told the wife yesterday that I was going to look at trucks. On the way, I've had problems with the truck I had. :x I thought to myself I hope that I can get a deal. And I did! :) I'm the proud owner of a '05 Ranger (EDGE)
model. 3.0 V-6 auto. trans.and a bunch of goodies. And it's bright red, too. Hopfully,  it will prove to be the ride that my handi's deserve! :toast: I know this isn't the forum for this, but I had to tell you guys. :mrgreen: Now I got to work some overtime so I can keep buying handis WOW! A 223 and scope and a new truck in the same month? FANTASTIC! :eek:
                                                                    tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 01:09:06 PM »
Congrats of the new truck, Tommy!!! :D
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 02:22:36 PM »
ROFL when i saw the topic of this thread I was sure you let some gypsies make off with you handis :-D . I had lots of things to say to you :twisted:

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 04:23:51 PM »
A new truck for handis now this is something new to think about. 8)
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 10:07:20 PM »
The other truck was really a good one. The manual trans. it had had a problem with the clutch master cylinder. The repairs didn't seem to work. :cry: The engine was in good shape. There was 282,000 miles on it and I wanted to keep it for at least 200,000 more miles, but If I had known that the man. trans. was hydraulic when I bought it, I would have got a auto.Hey, can't and won't complain, I had that truck for over 12 years. I do like the rangers. Just hope this one proves to be as good as the '93 model I traded in. :roll: Handi's and a new truck, I feel on top of the world! :mrgreen:
                                                                         tommy

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 12:55:02 AM »
From where I'm standing, the question seems to be .. "how many Handi's will the new truck hold?" When you reach the point where it won't hold all of your Handi's, then it is time to trade ... the truck that is.

Is your new Ranger a stepside? Just saw one of those yesterday in black ... wow!
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline TOMMYY01

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 12:39:32 PM »
No, it's not a stepside. The Edge model sets up higher than a reg. ranger and to look at it, it looks like a 4-wheel drive, but it's not. 8) And I was surprised to see that the bed had the spray -on bed liner! :yeah: As far as how many handis it will hold, well I haven't got enough yet, I know that! Thank God, my wife likes it! She said it sure is PURTY! I will tell you one thing, it doesn;t have the good gas mileage that the other did. The other had a 4.0L V-6. Neverless, I still like it. We'll just have to see if it's half the truck the other was. I'm hoping that it is. I suppose that being automatic, the gas mileage will go down a little bit.
                                                                       tommy

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 12:42:59 PM »
should have kept my 1997 with the 4.0....

i miss my ranger.  :(

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline Varmitcaller

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 04:56:36 PM »
Congratulations on the new Ranger. After it is broke in a bit, it should improve on fuel mileage a bit. One thing I have found that reduces mileage some, is the wheel bearings are set so snug, the disk brake pads do not ever get backed off of the rotor. I set mine with about .002"-.004" end play with a dial indicator.  Just sold my old Ranger (94) and it had 287,416 miles. Engine was still fine, but had the lust for a new Dodge Diesel.  Ordered a 4 door, long bed, 4X4 with a Cummins and 6 speed Tranny, as i get ready to retire. Wanted to get it paid for before retirement, plus it will pull a 5th wheeler and LOTS of Handi's.

Be Safe! Shoot Straight!  :P

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 01:04:03 AM »
Yep;
  Been driving Rangers since they first came out (1984 ?)
  Always had 4 cyl. std shift...

I've had about 10 of them, sometimes 2 at a time..

Couple years ago, got the camping bug, bought a 2500# camper (about 3100# loaded)..

Had to swap my 4 cyl for the 4 liter V6 with auto...

I am of Scottish heritage...LOL..so the change in mileage hurt...18 mpg instead of about 28...

Then I hooked the trailer on ...10 - 12 mpg ...ouch...
  I believe the main drag on mileage was wind resistance..

Passed that V6 auto to my son and picked up a 4cyl 5 speed to replace it.
   Got back to nearer 30 mpg and am presently building a "teardrop" trailer for travel and hunting..should weigh about 600# and hide behind the Ranger, so wind should be no problem..

Just in time I believe , with 2-3 dollar gas...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 02:31:49 AM »
Congrats on the new truck!  Sounds like a real beaut!

Jim
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein