Author Topic: Forarm question  (Read 523 times)

Offline James B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Forarm question
« on: March 30, 2005, 05:45:17 AM »
I sent my 45-70 in today for one of the 357 barrels. They said that they have plenty of them right now. I forgot to ask them about the forearm fit. Does anyone know if the 45-70 forearm is going to fit the 357 barrel or do they include a forearm that fits? Or will I have to order a separate forearm. I have lots of handi rifle but this is my first time to send one back for a barrel. I still need to send one in for a 30-30 barrel. Sorry to say even at the low cost of the handi barrels, I still couldn't afford to get both barrels at once. The high cost of gas is putting a bind on us guys who are retired and have a fixed income. Out here in the sticks its a long ways to everything. I had to go to the VA yesterday 110 miles. Even with my S-10 which gets good mileage, it was 27.00 to fill up with gas. I know I am not the only one feeling the pain though. :x
shot placement is everything.

Offline jeff223

Forarm question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 06:29:17 AM »
the forarm you have will work on that barrel.the rifle forarms will even fit the 12ga shotgun barrels.

i understand what you are saying about the price of gas :shock: i think things will be slowing down some if gas goes up to what they are saying.i just hope it doesnt go up to where they are talking

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
Forarm question
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 08:29:03 AM »
Thanks for the info. Yea they are talking 3.00-3.25 by fall. That will mean about the same spike in heating oil and Propane. Also the cost of shipping everything will go up. I think tourism will suffer this summer as well. People like me with X number of dollars for gas and stuff will just have to limit the driving and skip some planned outings this summer.

Offline jeff223

Forarm question
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 11:30:39 AM »
at $3.00 a gallon and around a 30 gallon tank on my pickup is going to eat up a hundred dollar bill :shock: not a good thing at all

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
Forarm question
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 03:07:26 PM »
I fear its on the way. Good old American greed at work.

Offline Donaldo

• A Real Regular
Forarm question
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 04:00:54 PM »
You think American greed is at work?  Just take a look at who controls the majority of oil in the world.  It sure ain't us Americans.  We import more than half the oil we use.  Guess who's got you by the ba!!s.
Luke 11:21

Offline Paul5388

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Forarm question
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 04:22:14 PM »
James,

There ain't much we can do about gasoline except get a horse or mule!

I'm using a 12 gauge forearm on my .22 Hornet SL 20" barrel.  It works great!  My .357 barrel uses the same forearm as my .223 standard synthetic.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Mannlicher forend
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 11:34:32 PM »
I've been thinking, I should send off my 243 as soon as it comes in from Walmart and get a 357 barrel fitted.  Is the 357 barrel a 22in with open sight?  If it is, I was thinking a mannlicher forend and English style butt stock would look great on that.  Will the factory fit the stock set while they have the receiver for the barrel fitting?
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Straight stock
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 11:41:07 PM »
I know that NEF has the mannlicher forends.  Can I even get an adult length straight butt stock from them?  I mean the English style, no like on some of the youth models, not the standard pistol grip style like the shotguns have.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"