Author Topic: Gotta love those Italian "bubbas"  (Read 714 times)

Offline ribbonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Gotta love those Italian "bubbas"
« on: March 31, 2005, 11:40:17 AM »
Luck had to run out sooner or later...it ran out today.

The large suppliers that we order cap and ball revovlers through don't open the boxes; what comes from Italy (in that plastic bag and coated with somthing like gorilla snot) sits in the wharehouse waiting for an order.

Today, I open the box on a .36cal. Rem. Navy.  Have to say it had the best blue job of any repro (reguardless of price) I own...looked real good...within 20seconds of opening the box, was on the phone to customer service.

Italian humor?  'Bubba' PUT A .44 CYLINDER IN A .36 GUN!  Got the .36 barrel and barrel markings, but a .44 cylinder.  

Should have shot it, learned to live with one hand or one eye, and collected my retirement early.

They did break a leg being nice...new gun on the way (and I demanded that some one who knows the differnce open the box and take a look before shipping it) and a pre-paid shipping container for the old gun.

For those who are thinking "P"...nope, it's a "U".

Offline Rob P.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:39:20 PM »
Hey Ribbonstone, I learned early on to ask the distributer to look over the revolvers I ordered. Most of the ones I have had came from Dixie Gun Works and they were very good at that, so was Taylors. Navy Arms wouldn't and that was were my most troublesome came from. Got three total from Navy, two I could fix and did, one I couldn't and it took about two month's to get it squared away. Hope your's goes smoother.

Rob

Offline ribbonstone

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 01:46:29 PM »
Was just a little "stunned"...can't think of a much worse "boo-boo" for a gun maker.

Makes you wonder about proofing, doesn't it.

Offline Norseman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 05:38:18 PM »
Man, I thought it was bad just getting my new 1860 Army to fire off the caps! :eek:
RKBA!