Author Topic: New Scope Sightron???  (Read 798 times)

Offline October

• Trade Count: (0)
New Scope Sightron???
« on: March 10, 2005, 10:52:10 AM »
I just purchased a new Kimber Montana in 308. Love the gun and the company. Anyway, I have been reading up on Sightron and I have some questions on them?  For $200 dollars they apear to be very clear, in fact I have been trying out alot of scopes lately and they are clearer than most. My question comes in the manner of  how durable are these scopes? I abuse most of my equipment, I hunt very hard. I just wanted to know how good these Sightron scopes really are?  I know Zeiss(Conquest),Kahles(AH), Leupold(VXIII), Bushnell(4200), Nikon(Monarch) are all good scopes. But I have looked through them all, several times and to my eyes, only the Conquest may be brighter and clearer and not by much. Does anybody have any experience with these scopes. Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline w4dsb

New Scope Sightron???
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 04:44:24 PM »
i'm using a sightron S2 on my remington 700 in 30-06 for 2 deer seasons now . it seems very clear and has had no problems at all. It's supposed to have a lifetime warrenty as well although i have not had the misfortune to use it.
I think I would buy another one if need arose .

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
New Scope Sightron???
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 03:14:35 PM »
If you get a Sightron, you want the SII or SIII, not the low end ones. Either of the better lines seem to be very nice, I'd rate them comparable to a Leupold Vari X II, but not as good as a Vari X III. I have one of their 36X benchrest scopes that has given very good service for the last two years on a .223. One complaint is the 1/8 minute adjustments, because a turn of the knob doesn't come out to an even minute amount. They do track correctly though.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline lisa1lacy2

• Avid Poster
New Scope Sightron???
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 09:52:01 AM »
I bought a sightron this year it was so clear I just had to have it .
I put it on a 257 ackley and could not get it to shoot under 2" groups.
found out the scope had a lot of parralex at 100yds called sightron and they said they would fix it no ? asked now thats a good company in my mind cant wait to get it back :grin:
Brian Milner

:blaster:
my idea of gun control is a firm grip.

Offline vernonp

• Avid Poster
New Scope Sightron???
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 03:39:47 PM »
If you are comparing the scopes in the day time you will not notice much difference in any of the scopes you mentioned.----------Compare them in very poor light early morning or late evening and you probably will see a lot of difference. I just received a FX 4 Leupold and I really do like it. It is just what I thought it would be. During the day it looks just as good as the Elite 3200 and Monarch scopes that I have. I compared them in the late evening all the way till dark and I had to stop using the Leupold early because I could not find the target. There was no comparison in the poor light conditions. I do not have any personal experience with the Sightron.

Offline bigjeepman

New Scope Sightron???
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 03:11:10 AM »
I have had 2 Sightron scopes for almost two years now. They have one of the best warranties in the business though I personally have never needed to test it. They do have an over-the-counter replacement policy that I know of as a guy I know had his replaced. I do not remember what the issue was.

I have one Sightron II on a .300 wsm and the other Sightron II is on my .243 coyote rifle that has taken many trips to the field. Both scopes have performed well and I have been satisfied with them. I also have a Sightron pair of WP1242 binoculars that I really like.

My last two scopes have been the Bushnell Elite 4200 that I put on a varmit .223 rifle and a Swift scope that I put on a Handi .223. I like both of these scopes as well. To me, none compare to the Bushnell Elite 4200 as far as clarity in low light conditons. The Swift, however, is impressive for the price which was 60% less than the Bushnell Elite.
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less