Author Topic: Outfitter Reviews Website is Unethical  (Read 3260 times)

Offline diggdug

• Trade Count: (0)
Outfitter Reviews Website is Unethical
« on: January 22, 2004, 01:32:31 AM »
If anyone here uses the “Outfitter Reviews” website, managed by “hunting Information Systems”, Beware!
 I submit that the owner (Joshua Flournoy) of the “Outfitter Reviews” is unfair and biased. My brother and I both submitted unfavorable reviews of an outfitter in Manitoba, Canada called “High Mountain Outfitters” which is owned and operated by Randy McRorie of Kelwood, MB. Myself, and three brothers hunted with this outfitter in November 03, and the results were poor. We were lied to about the past success of Whitetail hunts and the success rates that we could expect on our hunt. Randy McRorie advertises an 85% success rate on big bucks of 140 B&C inches and up. In reality his success rates on such deer are between 6-10%. There were many other problems with the hunt that also led to our giving them a negative review such as being treated poorly by both the outfitter and some of his guides, dogs barking all night long, not being able to “still hunt” or leave the blinds even though this was discussed before we booked the hunt, etc. Our reviews on the website (www2.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3) were removed by the owner/moderator without our consent, and without any prior notice or justification as to why. This is not fair to people who use this website to gain information and opinions about potential outfitters. Therefore the entire premise for the website is bogus! If you have a bad experience with an outfitter and post it, and all the information you give is true, then how can they have the audacity to remove it and still say they run an ethical site? This is censorship and does nothing to help hunting, honest outfitters, or their potential clients! I am thoroughly disgusted by the moderators of the outfitter Reviews website and will not use it in the future, unless they change their policies.
Most people say I'm an idiot!

Offline outfitter

comments good or bad
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 06:29:16 AM »
I suspect the website owners might have been concerned about liable/lawsuit with the way some might criticize a hunt.
I'm a guide and outfitter in New Mexico and I welcome any comment good or bad, with in reason, and I can reply back.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 06:47:07 AM »
I don't understand the laws suite possibility issue with the web sites that post reviews (good or bad).

If the web site offers people the ability to post in thier own words the experience, that called freedom of speech. Just because an outfitter did not like the review, he can't hold it against the owner of a web site. That legal battle would never fly. Its no different than a news paper publishing the words said by a person who disliked a restaurant or hotel or whatever.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline mikemayberry

• Contributor
    • http://www.trosperarchery.org
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:56:57 PM »
Truth is an absolute defense against libel and slander.  Just make sure what you are saying is always the truth!

Mike
In the absence of factual information, the voids will be filled with the worst possible scenario!

Offline Hard Luck

This forum on outfitter reviews
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 12:11:09 PM »
What a breath of fresh air to be able to read this forum on outfitters used or not up to snuff. Good honest reports will make this site boom. I'm really interested about bear outfitters in Manitoba.
  I've ran into some bad apples there an other places and if a hunter wants to know before he plunks down his money, Just ask !
  As to Hunting Info Systems. I can't say anything negative about the site every post I've made is there printed verbaitum.
  It's  great to have another forum to check on outfitters. my hats off to you.

Offline Yukon Jack

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 09:17:49 PM »
File a hunt report with Don Causey's Hunting Report http://www.huntingreport.com/index.cfm

Causey usually does an investigation of sorts, allows the outfitter to respond and many times, there is some type of settlement between the outfitter and hunter.  It's a good way to get the word out to a lot of people in a big way.