Author Topic: Looks like there is going to be a 7/8" .25acp plug afte  (Read 918 times)

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Looks like there is going to be a 7/8" .25acp plug afte
« on: April 21, 2005, 08:49:02 PM »
Looks like Cecils NEW VariFlame tm PRIMER ADAPTER may answer some problems with 209's.

Click on the history, looks like there is going to be a Huntsman/Sidekick 7/8" .25acp plug as well as the already avalable Huntsman/Sidekick 5/8" plug. ;) I knew he would cave in to us guys with the bigger plugs. :grin:

http://prbullet.com/vf.htm
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline astrix

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
Looks like there is going to be a 7/8"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 01:33:40 AM »
Yes,when I ordered my 5/8" plug he told me he would
be making one for the guys with the 7/8" plugs.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 02:12:12 AM »
OK guys, I don't have a Huntsman or Sidekick so please elighten me, why the 2 size plugs? Do some come through with 7/8th's plugs and some with 5/8th's plugs? Which is preferred and why? How are they split up, age of the gun, phase of the moon or what? Inquiring minds want to know....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 07:02:24 AM »
MSP Ret,

The '02, '03 Huntsman and '04 Huntsman/Sidekick had the 7/8" breech plugs. Looks like the '05 Huntsman/Sidekicks with the only available 26" barrels all have the 5/8" breech plugs. Cecil made the 5/8" .25acp plugs and it looks like the 7/8" plugs will be available soon.

I am wondering if NEF made the breech plugs smaller (5/8") on the Magnum 26" barrels to give them a little more meat for drilling and tapping and maybe an overall stronger barrel. Of course I am just speculating here and that would be my best guess. Somebody at CS might be able to give you the real scoop. :wink:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:51 AM »
Thjanks Busta'yote, I thought perhaps they were for the earlier .45 and .58 caliber ML's with the screw in breechplugs. While they are changing things do you think they may make a more usable breechplug removal tool so all you guys don't have to modify them so they will work well?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
7/8" .25acp Breech Plug NOW AVAILABLE!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 06:51:52 PM »
Just checked Cecils site and he has both the 5/8" and 7/8" plugs listed. Please specify when ordering to insure you get the right one. Here is a link.

http://www.prbullet.com/nef.htm
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member