Author Topic: ODDBALL 12ga Barrel  (Read 543 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
ODDBALL 12ga Barrel
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:02:47 AM »
I can only assume, that since there have been 31 viewers and NO replies, I must have one of the only 12ga, 24in, Mod. choke barrels ever FACTORY fitted to a Pardner.  If anyone knows differently, PLEASE respond.  Otherwise, I'm gonna have to also assume this thing is worth a lot of money. LOL
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
ODDBALL 12ga Barrel
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 11:58:59 AM »
Have you posted this under the H&R/NEF Misc. talk and collectables forum? Maybe you will get a hit there.   I have an odd Mossberg barrel that I have never seen or heard of before. It's a 24" smooth bore slug barrel with riffle sights and is threaded for screw in choke tubes.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Misc Talk
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 12:59:41 PM »
Never thought of that.  Thanks!  I'll try that.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
ODDBALL 12ga Barrel
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 07:37:18 PM »
While I have never seen a 24"  pardner barrel...I have seen one exactly like yours Brett...as a matter a fact...I had one...and bought it new around 88'...it had a wierd type of bluing on the barrel...and had all the correct stampings on it...You could call Mosseberge yourself...or give these guys a call...they bought all of the older parts and stocks from Mosseberge...and it is probably who they would tell you to call...http://www.havlinsales.com/...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Odd barrel
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 11:18:36 PM »
I figured by the end of the day on Sunday, there would have been a dozen or so guys tellin' me "Yeah I got one of those, too" but that wasn't the case.  I guess it is an ODDBALL.  I figure someone at the factory must have messed up on the lathe and the fix was to just bore it out a little more to a Mod choke, rather than scrap the barrel.  At any rate, I am gonna hang on to it, the numbers match the receiver and maybe someday it WILL be worth something.  
I haven't patterned it yet.  I'm thinkin' it might make a good turkey gun, will have to burnish it and then pattern to see.  For sure, will make a good pheasant barrel and at only 24" it won't be a pain to carry in the field all day.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
ODDBALL 12ga Barrel
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 04:25:18 AM »
So...why not call and talk to Jennifer or John in C/S at NEF and have them look up the serial number...or have you already tried?

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
Tried that!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 01:31:48 PM »
Yep, I did that.  Jennifer didn't know who it was made for.  I never thought to ask how many combos or just single barrel guns had been made.  I'm gonna need to talk to her again in a few days.  I will have to make up a list of questions.  She just loves that, when ya hit her with a few in a row.LOL  Not really, but she handles it well.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"