Author Topic: Uzi Eagle  (Read 404 times)

Offline Desperado

• Trade Count: (0)
Uzi Eagle
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:28:09 AM »
Hey guys, I wonder what all of you think of the Jericho pistol imported by Mossberg and Uzi USA during the brief period when Magnum Research stopped importing it. I purchased one a few weeks ago and have found it to be on of the best handguns I have ever used.

I called IMI and they told me it was the exact some gun,interchangeable parts and all. I tore the gun down and compared it with the Magnum Research pistol and found no differance.

The Caliber of my piece is .40 S&W and it groups 2" at 25 yards from a rest and I can get 3 inch groups firing off hand in the "weaver" position. Sights are fixed and itsa compact version DAO.

My question is why do people tend to think of this Uzi version as somehow second rate beside the Magnum Research imported piece ? IMI made them both after all.

Maybe someone here has experience with both types and can offer some educated opinion.

Offline uncle remus

Uzi Eagle
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 07:28:27 AM »
:grin:   Quite a bit of weight in your hand if it's the steel model like mine.  I picked one up used about two years ago with an unkwown number of rounds thru it.  I have put over 3000 rnds thru it and have only had two stovepiped.  Absolutely love it, I was going to sell it to finance another purchase, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I found one at a gun show last month that was a steel compact in 9mm and may end up being my ccw piece.

Offline uncle remus

Uzi Eagle
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:35:21 AM »
oops, kinda got carried away and didn't answer your question.   The UZI, Baby Eagle from Magnum Research, Jericho 941 and several others are genetically the same gun.  Minor variations may give somebody a tendency toward one or the other.  Mine is a decocker model with the safety mounted on the slide.  Most have a safety on the frame for you thumb like it should be.  Just like that, it's all preference.  You got a nice pistol if you like it