Author Topic: Sightron Scopes  (Read 1128 times)

Offline dkale5

• Trade Count: (0)
Sightron Scopes
« on: February 10, 2003, 06:43:12 AM »
I am wondering if any of you have any experience with the Sightron scopes on the market today. I am looking for a good dependable scope to put on an '06 and I like what I see so far. Nitrogen Charged, Unconditional Lifetime Replacement Warranty, but I know nothing about them. Have any info for me or any suggestions?
 :sniper:
"For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar...."

Offline Zachary

Sightron Scopes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 11:58:31 AM »
Not bad for the money.  I would urge you to get, at the very least, the Sightron IIs or IIIs - DON'T get the Is.

For about the same money, you could get the Elite 3200s which, in my opinion, are better scopes.  But if you really want the Sightron, get at least the IIs or IIIs version.

Zachary

Offline dkale5

Sightron Scopes
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 03:18:12 PM »
:P What I am looking at for my 30-06 is a SII 2.5x8x42. I can pick one up for about $165.00. Thats good considering that the factory recommends $261.95. I think I'll try it out. I have talked to a few others today who claimed that they really liked the ones that they have, and most of their scopes are Leopolds. Don't get me wrong, they love their Leo's a little more, but thought that for the price I couldn't go wrong. I guess we'll find out.
 :sniper:
"For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar...."

Offline SoftPoint

Sightron Scopes
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 07:51:11 AM »
I once did a comparison of all the scopes I could find at some local shops, and, the best scopes for the money are the Sightron's...hands down. I have one on a Savage .308 that gets 1/2 in groups at 200yards. They are the brightest and clearest I have found.

Offline reflex264

Sightron Scopes
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 12:47:22 PM »
Greetings dkale5, I was strolling along and noticed your post concerning sightron scopes. I own one of them and have to say it is one of the best scopes I own period... That is saying alot since I own everything from leupolds to redfields and almost everything in between. The scope is on a rifle that generates 48flbs of recoil and has taken hundreds of shots with no problems. I went to buy another leupold and the gent at the store suggested I give sightron a look. Took both outside and got the shock of my life. It was brighter and clearer. I looked at everything in house and came back to the sightron. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.regards,reflex264 :grin: