Author Topic: Whitetails Unlimited 45-70  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Tim50

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Whitetails Unlimited 45-70
« on: April 16, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »
This is a limited edition made in 1997?. Its in 45-70 with an 18.5 inch barrel with a Whitetails Unlimited coin in the stock. What would one of these go for in excellent condition. I'm looking to buy not sell. Thanks for any input..........

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Whitetails Unlimited 45-70
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 10:03:33 PM »
From what I have seen, most of the Special Edition Commemorative models in excellant or better are bringing around $250.00. That is in part due to the fact that they all have nice stocks and bluing, and of couse not as many were made. And this is about $50.00 more then a used Ultra of the same caliber. With two exceptions: The "Limited Edition" medallions (usually on shotguns) in green camo straigh non-checkered stocks are made by the carload, and usually are priced near basic Handis. And then we have the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation models in 280 Remington and 35 Whelen. The 280 seem to priced right with the other commenoratives. The used 35 Whelens I have seen go $250.00 - $300.00. A new one in the box (I've only seen two for sale) both were priced at $350.00. The hard to find 7x57 and 357 Max Ultras are going to bring a higher price too. Remember these prices are going to very from one part of the country to another. A 35 Whelen may have lower value in whitetail country, here in Montana we have elk and big bears.....
I know this got long winded. Hope it give you some idea where to start. The older Pre-NEF H&R's are another story.
Wally
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007