Author Topic: Defective Tree Stand Safety Harness!  (Read 522 times)

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
Defective Tree Stand Safety Harness!
« on: April 11, 2005, 05:34:14 PM »
Hunter's View Ltd. of Peoria, Ill, is recalling 500,000 safety harnesses sold with tree stands used by hunters.  The straps can break and allow a hunter to fall.  

The Fall Arrest System was manufactured in China.  It has a white label bearing the model number 3333 and the year 2004.  These were sold Nationwide with Hunter's View and Comfort Zone brand tree stands..  A free replacement is available by calling the company at (888) 878-0440.

I thought I would post this after reading about how common it is for hunters to fall out of tree stands.  I understand this is now the leading cause of death while hunting. :cry:
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Dave in WV

• Trade Count: (0)
Defective Tree Stand Safety Harness!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:44:34 AM »
Great info. A friend fell from a tree stand last year. He had a broken hip nd spine. He is driving now and can walk with crutchs. He was adjusting something on his tree stand and it cut loose. I don't know is he had a harness on. Falls is the #1 killer of hunters. Starting a hunting safety class this evening and I'll pass this on. Dave :D
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein