Author Topic: New Style sight. You think they are any good??????????  (Read 515 times)

Offline lostone1413

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New Style sight. You think they are any good??????????
« on: June 05, 2005, 07:43:58 AM »
I just put a Big Dot Sight on my P220. Being in my late 50s it is hard to see the front sight with the Big Dot. I found these sights The claim is you look through the site at the threat so you don't have to get a clear front sight picture. The price of the site and having it mounted on my P220 is $168.00. When I read about the site in away it makes sense to me. I was wondering what you more experienced shooters think. Sound good or sound like BS. You can see and read about the site at http://www.hexsite.com

Offline rockbilly

New Style sight. You think they are any goo
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 10:26:18 AM »
:roll: I don't have any experience with these sights, but they sound like the may work.  For the money, I think I would invest a few more dollars and go with a laser sight.  Even with my old eyes I can still see the target even in bright sunlight, and the whole point of having good sights is to get a fix on what you are shooting at.

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 12:13:01 PM »
Well, that's a new one on me! Hope you will shoot yours extensively amd let us know how it works for you. Just looking at the web site pictures, it looks to be a close range sight. I would be concerned how well it would work in low light as well. It would be very telling if you were to use it to shoot a steel match and let us know how well it works at various ranges. I'm thinking the size of the aperatures would deterime that. Hope you post your findings soon.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline mr.frosty

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »
link didnt work for me all i got was a blank page thats it
" People should say what they mean and mean what they say. Life is too short to be lead down the wrong path."

Offline HouseofCash

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 02:35:36 PM »
Did me too. I had to try it a time or two.

Dave.
GSSF Member