Author Topic: WINCHESTER 94 Pre 64  (Read 1047 times)

Offline LAREDOBOB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
WINCHESTER 94 Pre 64
« on: April 18, 2005, 03:24:36 AM »
I will be looking for a pre 64 Win mod 94 this week. What do I look for? Where did the serial numbers end? How can I be sure it is pre 64? Thank You.  :D
"No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country."   T. Roosevelt

Offline jhm

WINCHESTER 94 Pre 64
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 03:49:28 AM »
Bob :  Serial # 2,700,000 was the first 1964 model 94, if the rifle is in the rack facing you the forearm usually extends further beyond the barrel band than the newer ones also the older ones had a screw in the bottom of the action, good luck and remember their are some who will try to over price them due to not being made anymore one in 90% in the blue book about $385. :D    JIM

Offline LAREDOBOB

• Avid Poster
WINCHESTER 94 Pre 64
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 05:22:44 AM »
Jim thanks for the excellent information, just what I wsas looking for. I'm off on my quest this afternoon. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.  :D
"No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country."   T. Roosevelt

Offline LAREDOBOB

• Avid Poster
WINCHESTER 94 Pre 64
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 04:40:29 AM »
Jim Thanks to you I had a successful search. I found my pre 64 and it is in excellent condition. The guy had it in his shop for quite awhile, so I was able to get him down to $295. and he threw in 2 boxes of the old Winchester Super X (yellow box). I also found a 94 trapper that MABEY had 10 rounds through it,saddle ring $200. Now all I have to do is find a way to SNEAK them into the house.  :-D  Thanks again

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
WINCHESTER 94 Pre 64
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 08:02:47 AM »
A guy from Texas and you have to sneak guns into the house?  Now I have seen everything.  She must not be a Texan!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline LAREDOBOB

• Avid Poster
WINCHESTER 94 Pre 64
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 11:01:57 AM »
O.K. Its not really sneak the guns in its sneak the $$ out.

She: What are those? Did you buy more guns?

Me: What? These od things, I have had them forever

She: Weeellll O.K. I guess they all look alike to me!

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)         :D