Author Topic: great day fishing!!!  (Read 358 times)

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
great day fishing!!!
« on: April 27, 2005, 08:38:14 AM »
i know this is a shotgun forum but i had to tell y'all about my day yesterday. i had gotten off work and a man was up at the docks tellin' us about all the croaker he's been catching(he's a comercial fisherman) in the creeks. so my boss had a bucket of dead soft crabs and said i coulhave a couple if i wanted to go fishing. i  live about 30 seconds by bike from a dock. i went home, got my brother(he's 11) and went to the creek. i cast out and in about 30 seconds BOOM i had a nice croaker. cast back out - BOOM - another one in about five minutes. i was down there fo an hour and had caught 5 1 1/2-3 lb croker. i was feelin' kind of smug w/ my 5 fish and my brother with none. i told him we would go home in ten minutes. about 8 minutes had passed and i told him it was time to go. then his rod bennt double and he started yellin'. it took him a wile to get the fish in. it was a croker that had to weight close to 4 lbs. i don't know how many hear ar familier with croker(some people call the hard heads) but that was one nice fish!! all in all it was a good day :lol:
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek:

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
great day fishing!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 11:11:19 AM »
buckslayer

Great story !!!!!
I have blown the dust off my fishing rods too.  We have 3 weeks of spring Turkey season left here so I'm busy with that right now.  But after that the fish better watch out.

Hey fishing is a great way to spend time between hunting seasons.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)