Author Topic: Dose any one carry a?  (Read 678 times)

Offline jphelps

• Trade Count: (0)
Dose any one carry a?
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:44:18 AM »
Bersa Thunder 380. I would like to know more about this firearm. Thanks

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Here's my instant review...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:19:08 AM »
Bersa and Firestorm are products of Llama Firearms.

It has an aluminum receiver which helps keep the weight down. Fixed barrel, with 3 dot sites-adjustable rear for windage.

Its a fine gun, pretty much puts them where you aim(shooter skills, experience and ammo in concideration). Straight out of the box mine was more accurate then my 1911A1 and my old 459 S&W 9mm.

At its thickest point, its just slightly narrower than my .45. But the overall size is a heck of a lot easier to conceal(to keep from scaring "socker moms".

Decocking/safety is a nice touch over my locked and cocked 1911A1, which at times I'm uneasy about. 7+1 capacity in the non DLX models, DLX has 9+1 due to extended grip mag. Enlarged beaver tail grip to keep hammer bite from happening-unlike the PPK's.

Never a feed problem, even with HP's.

Even though this only shoots the .380 cartridge with about 1/2 the power of my 45, 1/5 the power of my .357(handloads), and aboit 2/9 the power of my .44mag-I feel quite content that I could defend myself respectfully due to the accuracy and reliability. And if I did mar its finish, lose it, have it taken as evidence for investigation-I'm only out a couple hundred dollars-unlike my other pieces which are 2x, 3x, and 5.5x the replacement cost.

There's a sister company to Bersa called Firestorm, the make a similar model that doesn't have the tactical trigger guard-but does come with wrap-around rubber grips.   The Bersa comes with a hard plastic grips, which I plan on replacing someday.

I give it 4.5 out of 5 bullets.   For the couple hundred bucks invested, it performs and is as reliable as more expensive guns I've shot.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline Jim101

• Avid Poster
Dose any one carry a?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 03:47:03 AM »
I bought a Bersa .380 about three months ago and have put about 300 rounds through it, CCI Blazers at the Range.  Have had no problems at all.  Easy to field strip and clean. It wil be my carry with no worries..Shoots HP's with the same easy as my cheap CCI's...Feels good in the hand, light and looks like a Walther PPK.......

Jim
Hi-Point 9mm

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
Dose any one carry a?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 03:51:08 AM »
Gander Mtns has them for about 230.

Offline Jim101

• Avid Poster
Dose any one carry a?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:56:39 AM »
P.S.-----I bought mine in Academy Sports for $199, before tax, the Duo-Tone model..

Jim
Hi-Point 9mm