Author Topic: What Was............  (Read 489 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
What Was............
« on: May 10, 2005, 01:02:43 PM »
What is the heaviest deer you have taken in each of the categories?  Blacktail, Coues, Mule Deer, and Whitetail.  My heaviest Blacktail was 157 lb. dressed forked horn I got in California in 1978.  My heaviest Mule Deer was 339 lb. dressed 4 point I got in Idaho in 1964.  My heaviest Whitetail was 213 lb. dressed 8 point I got in Minnesota in 1989.  I haven’t yet taken a Coues Deer even though I have tried a few times.  They have got to be one of the hardest Deer trophy to get.  Maybe the Gods Of The Hunt don’t want me to have one.   :roll:   Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
What Was............
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 04:30:06 AM »
Unfortunately, out of all the species you mentioned I have only taken Whitetails. Thats the only kind we have around my neck of the (Maryland)woods except for Sika deer.  The largest one weighed 202# dressed and he was a 6 pointer with a ONE sided rack. He has (to me) a HUGE left antler with 4 points. The right antler has just 2 points not counting a couple of small 1" spikes down around the base. He was an old bruiser, my taxidermist said he was the oldest deer she had saw in a very long time. She said 5 1/2+ years old.

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
What Was............
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 01:59:30 AM »
I have taken Mule deer, Blacktail and Whitetail. Lots of them. However I never had a scale to weigh any of them. Where I hunt we have really BIG Mule Deer though. Even the does are heavy weights.
shot placement is everything.