Author Topic: Remington acuracy problems  (Read 693 times)

Offline Will52100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Remington acuracy problems
« on: May 12, 2005, 09:06:40 AM »
I recently got a Pietta Navy Arms remington clone and it won't shot worth spit.  I got it cheap so I've been using it as a project gun.  This is the first remington I've ever had, been an open top fan for years.  I put up a pistol target at 15 yards and the pattern is just that, a shotgun type pattern that if I didn't know better I'd say was buckshot.  The trigger has a lot of creep and the grip is a little ungainly.  Is it just that I'm used to the colts?  The rifling is good and the chambers line up with the bore right.  I've been thinking about narrowing the trigger to something like the colt's, and maybe reprofiling the gripframe a little, and getting rid of the trigger creep.  I imagine that will help, any more idea's?  I would like to eventualy convert it with a R&D cylinder to 45, it is a handy gun.

Thanks
The thing about freedom, it's never free
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline ribbonstone

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 12:44:01 PM »
Good bore...lines up right...with the right sized ball?
Sounds like the trigger is giving your groups fits and that the "off" feel of the Remington grip isn't much to your liking.

OTher than measering the chambers and bore diameter and/or using some variations in powder cahrge, can't think of much that would be a mechanical problem.

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 05:44:41 PM »
Thanks, think the bigest thing is the trigger pull, it realy is horible.  I'll take a little off the hammer and see how it goes from there.
www.courtneyknives.com

Offline Will52100

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 06:49:28 PM »
Got the trigger right and it shoots a little better.  Groups off a rest were pretty good, offhand is better but still pretty pour.  Think it's the feel more than anything, shot colts to long, don't even need the sights much anymore with them.  I beleive is I practiced with the Remmy it'd shoot a lot better.
www.courtneyknives.com