Author Topic: Part # for mannlicher (sp?) forend  (Read 488 times)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
Part # for mannlicher (sp?) forend
« on: May 03, 2005, 07:52:46 PM »
I betcha somebody here knows the part number for this item.. I know I can call H&R tomorrow, but I seem to be up late many evenings (like tonight) and I'd  like to order one when I send in my receiver for a barrel tomorrow.

Thanks
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:02:06 PM »
F0330...  for the forearm...per Quickdtoo

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Joel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:03:58 PM »
Actually, I didn't need a part number when I called them to order one.  They knew exactly what I was talking about; seeing as a number of folks here had already ordered theirs.

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:35:32 PM »
Thanks Mac and Quick... I appreciate it.:toast:

Yeah I know Joel, I could phone them (and I should have today - but I got busy and forgot) :oops:

I am sending in an order form tomorrow with a receiver for a new barrel (maybe 2 barrels - haven't decided yet) and I want to get the forend as well and wanted to put the part on the form.

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 08:43:35 PM »
Kerry, when you order a barrel and other parts, the parts order won't be filled until the barrel is fitted, they may be out of mannlichers by then, I'd order the stock by phone tomorrow if you really want one, $35 total shipped.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 09:29:20 PM »
Thanks Quick, never thought of that... however I have a question, and I suspect you can answer it since I saw the pic you posted of your Mannlicher stocked 45-70 a few days ago.

Is there likely to be any fitting for the Mannlicher forend to a barrel if I order it before I get the barrel and receiver back?

I am planning to put it on a 357 and/or 30/30 barrel. This is my first experience in sending off for the barrel accessory program, and though I have read a number of postings about this, I am not clear how important it is to have a forend fitted to a particular barrel.. I know H&R says to send in the forend (and stock) when getting a new barrel fitted.

Did you have to fit it on your 45-70?

Cheers
Kerry :?
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 06:13:14 AM »
Kerry, the only reason they want the forend and stock is so they can test fire the new barrel, they have stated that they won't test fire it if no stock is sent. The only issue with the forend is the proper spacer for the forend and the positioning of the barrel stud which is already a done deal from what I've seen of mine. I don't think they change spacers on a forend that fits other barrels, so I don't think it will make any difference. On my mannlicher stock, I tried to free float it out near the muzzle, but due to the stud being a little off center and the barrel channel being a little off center in the forend, I sanded a little on one side, then used some refrigerator magnet placed in the forend 4" from the muzzle to provide a pressure point and to center the barrel in the forend. It shoots real good, I get  1"-1½" groups at 100yds with peep sights.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 07:40:38 AM »
Thanks a bunch Tim! Thats the info I wanted. :grin:

I've always liked that Mannlicher look. Had a Ruger #1 RSI .243 and a M77RSI in .308 for while, and just missed out on grabbing an original Topper 157 with a mannlicher about 15 yrs ago.

I'll let you know how it all turns out when I get the receiver and barrel(s) back together.

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013